Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2016 10:00

Student Discussion - Unity Training

Welcome to the Unity Learning Center Student Discussion!

Unity-Learning-Center.jpg

Have questions about the content and concepts covered in your Unity training? Get answers from our team of Education Services SMEs. Simply post your question to this Discussion thread.

You will need an ECN account to post your questions. Don’t have one? Sign up for a free account. It’s easy – just enter your email address and a password. You can find step-by-step instructions here: Starting with the ECN: Register for an Account

For more information about Unity in general, visit the Unity space. .

Note: For problems accessing the training, please contact Education Services Support.

34 Posts

March 1st, 2017 04:00

Hi All,

Do Unity provide link aggregation for iSCSI?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 1st, 2017 10:00

Hi Arslan,

Thanks for the question. The answer to your question is: No, iSCSI does not support link aggregation. Only File storage supports link aggregation.

Thanks,

John Hanson

34 Posts

March 5th, 2017 03:00

can we use on one IO module 2 ports for iSCSI and 2 ports for file? is it possilbe

34 Posts

March 5th, 2017 03:00

Dear John,

Thanks for answer. Link aggregation is available in VNX/VNXe for iSCSI or its not supporting in any other vendor product for iSCSI?

Could you please provide me steps to provide FC storage to host with zoning.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 6th, 2017 05:00

Yes an IO module can be used for iSCSI and File.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Unity FC connectivity/zoning is similar to VNX. So use those guidelines for host connectivity to Unity.

34 Posts

Thanks John

You are very helpful.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi Arslan,

LACP is only supported for File on Unity.

1 Message

June 5th, 2017 16:00

Hi, Instead of Link aggregation, you may use multioath iscsi for client to target, on Host iscsi configuration

1 Message

August 4th, 2017 01:00

Hello,

I'm confused with module 3 (Hardware) quizz question 8  : What is the available number of DIMMs on a Unity 600F ?

I thought that it was 8 : (8 x 32 GB) = 256 GB.  But 8 is given as incorrect answer.

Could you clarify ?

Thanks.

Damien.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 7th, 2017 06:00

Hi Damien,

Thanks for bringing this to attention. As you state, the question is not clear and is confusing. Each Unity Storage Processor has four (4) slots for DIMMs. Each Unity system has two (2) Storage Processors (A and B). Therefore, when the question asks "How many DIMMs are in a Unity 600 model?" the correct answer should be eight (8). So this question needs to be changed to clarify what is being asked. I will work to fix this issue. And again, Thanks so much for bringing it to attention.

John Hanson

August 26th, 2017 02:00

Hi, Jhon

Have I few questions need your clarifications?

1. At which stage in the Unity power up sequence would the Storage Processor enter Service mode upon

detecting an error? is it post or After the CMI is started.

2. A system administrator receives a warning that their DPE I/O Module has a fault. In this situation, which

type of replacement is required?

3. what is the difference b/n CRU and FRU and could you specify the unity items under non-CRU and Non-FRU

No Events found!