Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Student Discussion - Unity Training

Welcome to the Unity Learning Center Student Discussion!

Unity-Learning-Center.jpg

Have questions about the content and concepts covered in your Unity training? Get answers from our team of Education Services SMEs. Simply post your question to this Discussion thread.

You will need an ECN account to post your questions. Don’t have one? Sign up for a free account. It’s easy – just enter your email address and a password. You can find step-by-step instructions here: Starting with the ECN: Register for an Account

For more information about Unity in general, visit the Unity space. .

Note: For problems accessing the training, please contact Education Services Support.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm confused with module 3 (Hardware) quizz question 8  : What is the available number of DIMMs on a Unity 600F ?

I thought that it was 8 : (8 x 32 GB) = 256 GB.  But 8 is given as incorrect answer.

Could you clarify ?

Thanks.

Damien.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Damien,

Thanks for bringing this to attention. As you state, the question is not clear and is confusing. Each Unity Storage Processor has four (4) slots for DIMMs. Each Unity system has two (2) Storage Processors (A and B). Therefore, when the question asks "How many DIMMs are in a Unity 600 model?" the correct answer should be eight (8). So this question needs to be changed to clarify what is being asked. I will work to fix this issue. And again, Thanks so much for bringing it to attention.

John Hanson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi, Jhon

Have I few questions need your clarifications?

1. At which stage in the Unity power up sequence would the Storage Processor enter Service mode upon

detecting an error? is it post or After the CMI is started.

2. A system administrator receives a warning that their DPE I/O Module has a fault. In this situation, which

type of replacement is required?

3. what is the difference b/n CRU and FRU and could you specify the unity items under non-CRU and Non-FRU

0 Kudos