Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2016 14:00

ism v2 to ism v3

Look, I have prepared for ism v2 exam from "information storage and management second edition by Wiley" book,  but  this test has been retired now. It is now updated to ism v3. I have good knowledge of ism v2. Could anybody suggest me that how to prepare for ism v3 ?

5.7K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 23:00

Choose your practice test from this page: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-17867. The real exams are like this.

633 Posts

June 17th, 2016 06:00

The recommended training for the ISMv3 exam (E05-001) is the Information Storage and Management v3 course, which you can find more information about here: https://education.emc.com/guest/campaign/InformationStorageandManagement.aspx

Once you've taken the training, you can test your knowledge by taking the Practice Test, found on this page: EMC Proven Professional: Certification Exams and Practice Tests. The test is designed to help identify what areas you need to spend more time preparing, so we don't recommending taking it repeatedly.

There are also many questions in this forum discussing the exam topics--if you have a topic that you need more information on, please feel free to ask a question and it will be answered by an SME.

28 Posts

June 17th, 2016 12:00

Thank you. Is there any other way ?

408 Posts

June 20th, 2016 11:00

Hi Alok, since you have already studied the ISM v2 book, have you attempted the practice test Kate mentions? This will give you an excellent gauge as to readiness to take the exam and help you identify potential areas requiring further study.

If there are specific areas requiring further study, the links Kate provided are to the recommended curriculum. All alternatives are listed there.  Good luck!

5.7K Posts

June 21st, 2016 04:00

I studied for the v2 exam and passed the test and didn't even study for the v3 exam (but did the practice exam) and passed as well. The practice tests are quite good!

28 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 10:00

could you please tell me about the pattern of question they ask (except practice test) ? any reference . Thanks in advance.

July 2nd, 2016 09:00

Hi Everyone,

Hi, I have a quick question, Does the Practice test of E05-001 in EMC's education portal is the same that will appear in the actual exam? I used that practice exam as my reference and hopefully I won't get burned.

Thanks for those who will response.

5.7K Posts

July 5th, 2016 03:00

Of course it's not exactly the same! It's similar. It's a practice test, not the actual test! You should learn the course material and then you'll pass (if you learned the materials correctly).

28 Posts

July 5th, 2016 14:00

Is there any specific website or book where i can get previous year question paper of  E05-001 ?

5.7K Posts

July 11th, 2016 06:00

A copy of a real exam, you mean? There's an online training you can get at education.emc.com. If you study that, you can pass the exam.

28 Posts

July 12th, 2016 09:00

Hi RRR,

You are getting me wrong. I just want questions to practice for E05-001 exam. Do you have any link where i can get that (apart from practice test that is posted on emc website) ?

5.7K Posts

July 12th, 2016 23:00

The only practice test I know of is the one on this page: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-17867

633 Posts

July 13th, 2016 08:00

Hi Alok,

The goal of the exam is to demonstrate your knowledge of the training. We do not recommend just looking at test questions to prepare for an exam, but to look at the training materials, and study them to fully understand the concepts.

28 Posts

July 14th, 2016 10:00

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the advice.

No Events found!