revelli

Re: SupportAssist messages to update BIOS after update

hi @DroidtilDeath @BillD3

Please do not reinstall now if it is already installed. Iam having it fixed by our team. It should no longer be prompted by 7/20. I will provide an update.

Thanks,

Dell - Kumar

#iwork4dell

0 Kudos
BillD3
2 Bronze

Confirming that SupportAssist still recommends loading this BIOS after updating directly from your link.  This did not solve the issue as it is certainly the BIOS I have installed 4x now.

drol343
2 Bronze

This bios issue is affecting a lot of people. Dell wants us to reload , reinstall, reset, and who-knows-what else and spend our life on an issue that they have caused. I have no Bluetooth now because of this. They can't figure out how to get my Bluetooth back either. This was a top-of-the-line, extremely expensive machine, that so far has been nothing but a piece of garbage. I don't know why Dell can't fix this without using their customers as guinea pigs. I don't have time to keep reloading my system, or as they say what will just delete all your software you installed, or whatever they need to get this fixed.. or just send us new PCs.

Tesla1856
7 Thorium

1. It's not a "BIOS issue". It's a SupportAssist issue. Just uninstall it. I've found it doesn't know what it's talking about most of the time. We have parted ways. 

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/My-Aurora-R6-The-Adventure-Continues/m-p/6095405/h...

I suggest you stop messing with your BIOS. Once a year, you can drop by support.dell.com, get the latest BIOS, and install it (if it pertains to an issue you are having).

Any other driver updates you need will come from Windows-Update inside Windows-10.

2. Microsoft tells us pros that once Windows has been violated or comprised, it must be reloaded fresh. Sometimes, you can do this without losing anything (an overlay). Sometimes, it takes a complete wipe and clean-install (fresh and new). 

3. Start your own thread. We can work on it, or you can use your extended warranty. It's your choice.

4. Right. Most of us here have expensive XPS, Alienware, Optiplex, and Precision systems.

5. It's garbage because SupportAssist is forgetful? Because a $20 Bluetooth card is flaky? Really?

6. Most of us do a complete Image Backup of whole system while it's working properly. Macrium Reflect Free is good for that. Backups are good.

7. If you decide to follow Dell Phone Support's directions, and allow them to replace whatever they want ... After a few failed attempts, it might come to that. However, sometimes it will be a refurbished system (usually a returned computer that they fixed). Read your Extended Warranty contract. That is what they are bound to, and following.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
dbls99
1 Copper

SupportAssist kept telling me to (re-)install the Dell Inspiron 7348/7352/7558 System BIOS driver, version A12.  When I looked in the "DriverScanBlackListManifest.xml" file, however, there was no entry for any version of that driver.  The only thing I could find (by searching for "A12") was an entry for the 5455/5555/5755 System BIOS driver.  In addition, the installed_once parameter on that line was set to "false".

I edited the file, replaced 5455/5555/5755 with 7348/7352/7558, changed installed_once to "true", and saved the file. 

Voila! SupportAssist no longer thinks the BIOS needs to be updated.

(Note: it may facilitate things to copy the file to a folder to which you have full access.)

0 Kudos
DroidtilDeath
2 Bronze

This is the Driver that Alienware Update v.3.0 repeatedly pops up as a Critical Update for my 17R4.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?c=us&l=en&s=gen&driverid=F95H1

I have installed it 3x successfully.

Every time I boot Windows 10, I get a reminder to update it again.

0 Kudos
mikefitter
2 Bronze

I can confirm that this is the same bios that SupportAssist  keeps recommending for download after I downloaded and installed it through SupportAssist 3X

Guy Tiger
1 Copper

Hi

Same problem here.

Any fix available yet?

Kind regards

Guy

0 Kudos
revelli

Re: AW 17 R4, SupportAssist messages to update BIOS

This issue should be resolved. Please install BIOS SKL1.3.0_KBL1.2.4 Alienware 15 R3 / 17R4  for one more time successfully, then relaunch SupportAssist. It will no longer repeat this BIOS version again on SupportAssist > Drivers recommendation list. 

Thanks,

Dell - Kumar

#iwork4dell

0 Kudos
BillD3
2 Bronze

This HAS NOT been resolved.  I reinstalled yet again and am still getting the same urgent update recommendation in SupportAssist.