max0103
2 Bronze

Dell G3 3779 keyboard/charging issues after running SupportAssist/updating BIOS

A couple of days ago I've run SupportAssist and installed all updates among which there was BIOS updated to version 1.14.0 (the latest available).

The update finished, there were no issues and the PC rebooted successfully. 

After that my keyboard stopped working properly (did not respond to my actions or responded incorrectly). I reinstalled the keyboard driver several times and this did not help. I went through all recommendations in "How to Fix Dell Keyboard Not Working" video on Youtube (Dell Support official channel). It did not help. 

Right now the only way for me to type is to use an external keyboard.

Besides, one more problem that appeared was that my PC charge percentage did not change when plugged in (it stays at 7%).

All of the above issues started as soon as I updated my BIOS version.

So, Dell SupportAssist made from my laptop G3 3779 a kind of desktop.

Is there any way to fix these problems?

As I can see this seems to be a repetitive problem (See the topic "Dell G3 3579 keyboard/charging issues after updating BIOS").

0 Kudos
1 Reply
max0103
2 Bronze

Re: Dell G3 3779 keyboard/charging issues after running SupportAssist/updating BIOS

Hi,
I have got a solution from trom this thread "Dell G3 3579 keyboard/charging issues after updating BIOS" 
"1. Copy the bios file onto a USB formatted as Fat32. 

2. Reboot the Laptop and keep clicking the F12 key to get into the One Time Boot Menu.

3. Select Flash Bios Upgrade. Select the file. 

4. Mine was saying Power inadequate as I only had 7% battery remaining.  There is an Option box. Click on it and type in   /forceit  . To type in   /forceit I used an external wired USB keyboard.  Press enter and it gives you the option to flash the file to bios. 

Once that completed the laptop was working properly again with keyboard and charging."

Many thanks to Carlos247 for this solution!!!!! 

0 Kudos