Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2018 23:00

Dell Support Assist popping up when I start PC. PC isnt even from Dell.

So, A few months ago I bought a Dell Monitor which eventually had some problems and needed replacing through warranty. However before claiming a replacement, I was directed by the dell support pages to install some "self test" programs or something so that a diagnosis could be made. They never worked despite installing, so I uninstalled them all. Recent I have noticed that something will run when I first boot the computer called Support Assist. From what I can find this is a dell program. I have done my best to find where it is on my computer and remove it but have not had any luck yet. It there some special way Im support to remove this thing? It is quiet annoying having it pop up and beep every time I boot up my PC.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 27th, 2018 04:00

Gartrell,

Disable Launching at Startup
  1. Press "Win-R," type "msconfig" and press "Enter" to run System Configuration.
  2. Click the "Startup" tab and uncheck any Dell support programs. You can identify Dell programs by looking in the Manufacturer or Command columns for "Dell." ...
  3. Click "OK" and then restart your computer. 
  4. If you have Windows 10, follow the steps below to uninstall Dell SupportAssist:

Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button >>Setting>> System >> App &Features
    Select the Support Assist program, and then select Uninstall.
    allow its process to run by clicking “Yes” to continue the removal

No Events found!