Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2018 18:00

Dell SupportAssist not responding

I have a Dell Inspiron 5570.

Earlier today, i ran SupportAssist to optimize my laptop and then after an hour I opened it again then suddenly it's stuck at loading until it says "not responding"

Help please.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 14:00

Awesome, thank you. How did you figure this out anyway? I'd like to be able to troubleshoot this kind of problem on my own in the future.

June 25th, 2018 15:00

Genius, and simple.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 16:00

I am a computer illiterate how do i find

C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png 

2 Posts

June 25th, 2018 17:00

You would think there would be an easier fix that does not require the user to go deep into the files, but this works! Just do this and your issue will disappear. Thanks for the recommendation

2 Posts

June 25th, 2018 17:00

Go to your Program Files folder (on your taskbar...it looks like a manila file folder).

Click on "This PC." 

Then, double click on the drive that has C: in the description.

Double click on "Program Files."

Double click on "Dell."

Double click on "SupportAssistAgent."

Double click on "bin."

Double click on "Resources."

Here you should find some files. Look for the one called "New-Dell-Logo-White-Small" and delete the "-Small" from the name. 

Hope this is helpful.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 19:00

Worked great for me on my Windows 10 PC.  Thanks for sharing the post!

2 Posts

June 25th, 2018 21:00

I created an account here today, specifically to say thanks to you. It's mind boggling how renaming of a small png file could have solved this problem. May I know how did you find root cause for to this problem? Any errors in log that point to this png file?

2 Posts

June 25th, 2018 21:00

This could be due to extension is not shown in your windows settings. You need to enable it from Folder Options. Regardless, it is the same thing in the end.

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 04:00

Thank you!

Solution worked.

June 26th, 2018 04:00

The best solution is to just delete the **bleep** program and NOT **bleep** up your computer with another piece of rap program that won't work.

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 05:00

Thank you. I can't believe this worked, but it did. Wow, just wow.

June 26th, 2018 06:00

I was able to uninstall support assist with the standard windows uninstall program followed the link you provided and reinstalled it and it works now.

Thanks!

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 07:00

I wish I had the tech savy to do the things you said which I don't understand. Guess I'll have to get the Geek Squad involved. I am afraid I will mess something up when trying to remove support assist and get the new version. Does the new version cost?

June 26th, 2018 08:00

Yes, this worked, thank you.

How on earth you figured it out is above my pay grade.

Why Dell didn't see and fix this is beyond ridiculous.

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 09:00

@DELLICIOUS627 wrote:

Go to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small and delete

the ( - Small ) Should look like (New-Dell-Logo-White)  (without the dot PNG) ( .png )

I tried it with the dot PNG) ( .png ) but it did not work....so i tried without the dot PNG) ( .png ) and PRESTO :Surprise:

Thanks for this - I too made the mistake of including .png when renaming the folder and couldn't understand why it would not work when everyone was posting otherwise. All good now thanks to you and this Community. NO THANKS AT ALL TO DELL.

No Events found!