Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2022 12:00

Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent.exe

I'm getting a protected memory access blocked when Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent.exe tries to access \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. Does anyone from Dell confirm that Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent.exe is not a trojan, explain what it does, and why I should give it access to the hard disk.

TIA.

1 Rookie

• 

384 Posts

July 25th, 2022 23:00

It kind of answers your question since it is repported safe and replace hardware scan. It need access to the HDD to do the HW scan on the drive. 

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 4th, 2023 13:00

Helpful Video:

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

384 Posts

July 25th, 2022 16:00

According to the Moderator (who works for Dell) on the Dell Community for Dell SupportAssist:

“Dell TechHub replaces Dell Hardware Scan service and is needed to run the Hardware Scan panel”

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/SupportAssist-installation-failed-message/td-p/8222909

2 Posts

July 25th, 2022 17:00

Thomas - I saw that thread earlier, but I think it doesn’t directly answer my question if it’s  safe to grant it to  access \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.

April 16th, 2023 22:00

The Dell.TechHub.Instrumentation.SubAgent.exe is not a trojan or any kind of malicious software. It is a legitimate Dell program that is used for collecting system information and providing support services for Dell customers.

The program is part of the Dell SupportAssist software, which is pre-installed on many Dell computers. Its purpose is to provide real-time system analysis and automatic updates for Dell systems. It also collects diagnostic information that is used by Dell support technicians to troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the computer.

October 30th, 2023 16:25

The pop up will for the dell hub tech will NOT go away and have to restart computer. SO ANNOYING. What did you do?

November 1st, 2023 14:36

I need help with this....keeps popping up and have to restart to remove popup each time: 

Dell.TechHub. Instrumentation UserProcess.exe-Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (Oxe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFB37C9CF19.

HELP!!!!

No Events found!