Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

June 28th, 2022 12:00

Fail Support Assists PCI Bus - Functional Tests - D0701

Hi Everyone, 

My Alienware R12 desktop gave a few beeps this morning so ran a Support Assist hardware scan. The following failure was detected: 

Screenshot 2022-06-28 202746.jpg

Is this a major issue? Everything seems to be working ok otherwise. The machine is only 6 months old and is running latest BIOS supplied by support assist.

Thanks for you help

July 6th, 2022 15:00

Lucky! its no trouble, Thank you.

July 6th, 2022 15:00

My laptop is Dell G15 5511, one week ago I have updated BIOS to 1.14.0 and discrete graphics driver use supportassist. In the past few days, it often beeps when it is turned on, the browser is obviously stuck, the mouse movement takes a few seconds to be reflected on the screen, and the frame rate drops and freezes obviously when playing games. The auto-switching of the discrete graphics card will occasionally cause the system to crash (seems like a multiplexing crash). So I Test it and show me "- PCI Bus - Functional Tests -D0701" . Hopefully it's just a software or other program glitch, hardware circuit chip damage is too inconvenient for my area.

July 6th, 2022 19:00

I can confirm the issue was there before update as a colleague with the same laptop tested it before installing all the latest drivers. He still has the issue after updates. Thankfully I don't seem to notice any issues other than when I tried to use by USB-serial adapter the other day, it doesn't work whereas it worked fine with no driver installations on old laptop.

My Precision passes all diagnostics at bios level, only SupportAssist gives the error.

Exactly the same for me. Dell have been advising certain things and no change. Another colleague with the same laptop has the same issue, so I think this is more generic with one of the drivers.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

July 7th, 2022 04:00

If support assist shows an error code and failure, there is a problem.

I would highly advice not to ignore this error and contact @DELL-Cares if the diagnostics show an error code.

It could be related to a BIOS or firmware update, but it could also be an actual hardware failure.

1 Message

July 7th, 2022 19:00

Same issue here. Unsure why they can't figure it out.

July 8th, 2022 02:00

same issue on my G15 5511 (1 mo. old)  ran the diagnostic no issues found computer seems to be working fine but it's annoying b/c the error code isnt going away.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 8th, 2022 07:00

I know this isn't a true fix, but this thread's solution discusses how to disable automated scans which should help prevent the message for now. It details how to give you a bit more control over when/how things are run with SupportAssist.   

3 Posts

July 8th, 2022 15:00

I have just discovered this issue. My laptop is 1 mo old and does not show any issues. I discovered this after running SupportAssist for no real reason. Of all laptops I had, all of them had some issue sooner or later. 

1 Message

July 10th, 2022 19:00

I'm having the same problem, it doesn't seem to be anything serious. I contacted Dell Support and they said it was nothing but a SupportAssist error, not a hardware issue.

13 Posts

July 11th, 2022 12:00

That makes me sad, I'm sorry I hope they have a resolution soon.

4 Posts

July 11th, 2022 13:00

I solved it for myself. I uninstalled Support assist and haven't had the problem since.

3 Posts

July 11th, 2022 16:00

I chatted with support and they gave me instructions how to do PSA test. I did that and it shows no issues. Then I went back and did the hardware test again and PCI sub was not failing any more, but I got two other failures. Now there is a contradiction between the PSA test and the support assist test. My computer is working fine, it does not show any issues on the surface day to day. 

13 Posts

July 11th, 2022 19:00

YES YES YES

No Events found!