Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2018 04:00

HELP: Trying to run SupportAssist. Program corrupted?

Hello. I have a Dell XPS8000 running Windows 7. This superb little box needs some help. I have been running the Dell SupportAssist program, and this has been very useful, but today, it won't load properly. The SupportAssist program begins to load, but freezes, with the Windows 'Not Responding' message appearing. I have tried to use the online version of the SupportAssist program, but this locks up in the same way. 

I then downloades the SupportAssist program, but neither of the two options work. One tells me that I don't have the correct interface, the other does nothing. 

I have sought help from the Dell site, but have done something there which led to having to reset my account twice, and now logon page now says that my details are incorrect!! I don't have much hair left, but am considering pulling out the small remaining amount. 

Can anyone point me to a download for the Support Assist program please?

Kind regards.

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

June 29th, 2018 14:00

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We heard you and resolved the issue with a hotfix.  SupportAssist pushed an update to address “unresponsive SupportAssist application issue (due to missing logo)”. This update happens silently in the background and doesn’t require any user interaction.  Please relaunch SupportAssist and ensure issue is resolved.  

PS:  Please do not rename logo file any more, issue gets resolved with specified auto update.

Thanks,

Dell – Kumar

1 Message

June 28th, 2018 06:00

No Events found!