Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

64 Posts

November 21st, 2018 10:00

Has Support Assist and Help and Support been discontinued?

I was unable to connect to the support assist site so decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Now I can't even install it. Keeps giving me "internal error" message when I try installing. This has gone on for quite a while so is not a temporary problem. Has Dell discontinued their online support applications?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2018 11:00

Support for Dell Support assist has not been discontinued, you will still receive support.

What is the version of Support Assist installed?

Open task manager- click on the processes tab & end task on any Support Assist & Support Assist Remediation tasks. Uninstall Support Assist from programs.

Clear ALL SupportAssist, SupportAssistAgent, PCDr, PC-Doctor, My Dell, Dell Support Center, folders from:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell
  2. C:\ProgramData
  3. %APPDATA%
  4. C:\Windows\Temp

Reboot the system, complete all Windows updates. Install Support Assist from this link https://dell.to/2KziibC

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

64 Posts

December 27th, 2018 07:00

I am still having problems running Support Assist.  It worked once in November and since then stalls when it gets to the second phase of "preparing for hardware test"  After an extended time of doing nothing it reports it cannot continue due to a problem, with little info on what  the  problem is.  I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and the same thing is happening.  I have the latest version installed, as I just installed from your website today.  (Same version as in November.)

64 Posts

December 27th, 2018 11:00

I’ve done all that you suggested and support Assist stills stops working while trying to prepare tests (or download tests in online attempt).

17 Posts

December 28th, 2018 10:00

2019 APRIL 25 Update

SupportAssist 3.2.1 is now working fine on my 13-7359 Inspiron laptop.

JoRene,

I have an Inspiron 13-7359 2-in1 laptop with the same problem.

SupportAssist 3.0.2.48 fails to scan the hardware and the test fails. If you go to the Troubleshooting tab and select “I want to check a specific piece of hardware”, you will see that the hardware items do not populate on the page, and the procedure fails. In addition, if you go to the online diagnosis site, the same thing happens – the test fails to recognize the hardware and it fails.

I also have an Inspiron desktop 3650. SupportAssist completes all the tests on this computer, although it has often failed to complete the hardware scan on the first, second, and perhaps a third try.

For both the laptop and the desktop, oftentimes SupportAssist will just disappear and will not open. Usually the app will open after doing a reboot – but not always.

I have reinstalled SupportAssist on the laptop a couple of times. This is a problem with the app itself. No amount of reinstalling or other gratuitous magic will make the app work. SupportAssist needs a corrected update version by DELL. 

No Events found!