nicksen
2 Bronze

Re: SupportAssist not responding (ver 2.2.1.23) - Solved

I tried every suggestion on the forum. Nothing has worked. I deleted the support folder after uninstalling supportassist.  Support assist has stopped working on 3 of my dell computers.  I do feel like it was after the windows 10 update.  After trying the fixes the support update now will not open when I click on it. 

0 Kudos
Don Keys
2 Bronze

It makes no sense to me, but changing that file name worked.  Astounding.

0 Kudos
Don Keys
2 Bronze

It makes no sense to me, but changing that file name worked.  Astounding.  Thanks for the tip.

jabber63
2 Bronze

thanks for the tip on the renaming it now works

0 Kudos
dscullyman
2 Bronze

The png file rename solution worked for about a week. Now support assist will not run. It will not uninstall because the package is corrupted. I tried to run a new install, but the installer reports that support assist is already installed. (I will try reversing the file rename and determine if the package will uninstall. If this works, I will repost.)

0 Kudos
Kamesh D
2 Bronze

Re: Dell Support Assist latest version not working

I too have the same problem in my DELL 7373 Windows 10 laptop. I have just brought it two months back.

Its quite disgusting.

I am not able to download any updated or drivers and the reminder keeps appearing.

Kamesh

0 Kudos
albany46
2 Bronze

not working for me also....someone help....

0 Kudos
Tubulosity
2 Bronze

I have been having the same issue for the last few weeks, on both my Dell Win7 machine and Dell Win10 machine.  I just spent 90 minutes with a Dell support person working on my Win7 machine.  He uninstalled SupportAssist and reinstalled it twice but it still won't run and he had to give up.  He said he'd heard development were aware and are working on it.  Sounds like a Windows update broke it really badly.

0 Kudos
tuftynubs
2 Bronze

I contacted Dell here in UK on0800 028 2660.

I allowed remote access to my laptop and it was

sorted.OK now.

0 Kudos
dgagen
2 Bronze

I have the same problem.  And unless a missed a response from Dell, they don't seem interested in providing a solution unless you contact them directly.  

0 Kudos