Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KD

2 Posts

July 15th, 2020 07:00

Support Assist 3.5.0 Never Starts

Support Assist on a Dell XPS 15 9560 has not worked ever since version 3.5.0 has been released. In addition, I can't even get the the support website driver update to download the detected updates for drivers.

I've had a love hate relationship with Support Assist. It seems like every major release it breaks and then 6 months later a smaller release fixes something and then it works before the next release. It's never worked for me since the 3.5.0 release. I've read through all the forums here and uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off antivirus, current version of Windows 10 Pro with all updates etc... with no luck.  Very frustrating.

Initial startup window appears and runs for a few minutes (which isn't that case when it actually works) then I get the window that states "....Depending on the speed of your PC, this can take a few minutes" and after a few more minutes it ends with "We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later.".

Same error every time and yes, I've rebooted numerous times and tried to run again. Same error.

Please help.

5 Practitioner

• 

238 Posts

July 15th, 2020 09:00

@K D B 

There is a new version of SupportAssist: 3.6.0.97.  It just installed on my XPS 8930 SE today.  I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 2004, patched most recently today.

You must ensure that the your anti-virus is disabled before adding exceptions to your anti-virus, to ascertain if your anti-virus program is an issue.  If you are running Malwarebytes Premium, then there are known issues, and workarounds for serious conflicts with Windows 10, Version 2004, that are being actively investigated and hopefully soon to be resolved.

It might help to run a System File Checker scan to assess the health of Windows.  There is also a "sticky" topic at the top of the Forum here that addresses SupportAssist install issues.

I hope this helps.  Please let us know how you do.  Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

2 Posts

July 15th, 2020 10:00

Thank you! The new version works. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work!

Kurt

42 Posts

July 15th, 2020 14:00

Just received my Aurora yesterday. 

3.5 work yesterday but not today. 

Support remote installed 3.6 and still not working.

Person on phone very snobby,  still trying to work with it...

Complete silence... lol 

5 Practitioner

• 

238 Posts

July 16th, 2020 09:00

@K D B 

Thank you for posting back and let us know that Version 3.6 does work for you.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

3 Posts

July 19th, 2020 14:00

Heyy! Pleaase help me with this. i am having exactly the same issue you were having. I cannot find  SupportAssist: 3.6.0.97  . could you please drop a link . Would be really thankful to you.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

July 19th, 2020 21:00

5 Posts

July 26th, 2022 15:00

Mine says it is up to date. I have installed, uninstalled. Never works. Two pcs same thing. Also will not scan  for new updates on dell site, Tells me it is not available and i can do it manually. Dell site used to WORK- period. Has been useless for a long time. I have 3 new pcs and issues with getting updates on every one of them.

No Events found!