Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2019 06:00

Support Assist doesn't install

Suport Assist stoped working after reporting an update and getting stuck updating.

I unnistaled, did the download from Dell site, and it gets stuck for hours in getting files.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (x64) 10.0.18362

Dell XPS 13 9360

I would like some help from Dell, thank you.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

November 22nd, 2019 17:00

Hi SoulPimento,

The issue with Support Assist was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the application. As we have not heard from you. We will now close this thread from our end.

Geoffrey

November 11th, 2019 17:00

I have exact same problem with same pc and same windows 10 pro

1 Message

November 11th, 2019 17:00

I have the same stupid issue! I tried to open SupportAssist today, but it stopped working. So I went to Dell's SupportAssist page and downloaded it, tried to install it, but it just kept getting stuck at a frustrating "Updating" screen. Here are my system specs:

XPS 15 9570

Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.832)

SupportAssist 3.3.2.55

Dell, please fix this problem ASAP!!

November 14th, 2019 16:00

I have the same problem. But, an "IT professional" would have backed up his data "prior" to contacting Support. An IT professional would not have so many misspelled words or grammar errors.

2 Posts

November 16th, 2019 02:00

To all of you with the same problem.

Forget this application, it's obvious it brings more problems than solutions.

I would recommend instead, to search periodically in DELL site for updates for your hardware and manually install them.

I committed the error to ask DELL Support, and the result was a full Windows reinstallation because a DELL technic accessed my computer remotely, and messed Windows Registry so bad it was impossible to restore Windows. 

My last message to DELL Support was:

"Good morning.

Yes, it leaded to full windows reinstallation, with all the process of setting up all my applications, restore my backup (from two months ago, so i'm sure i'll loose some of my recent files) and the time involved. I should be working, but instead i will spent most of today and tomorrow restoring my system.

I apreciate your offer of help, but i will never let anyone from Dell access my system again.

You see, i'm an IT professional from over 20 years, and i know you are not a good support profissional, the first thing to do do before toutching and delete registry keys is to perform a full backup of it, in case something went wrong, and you failed doing the most essential thing.

I will report the situation to higher instances of Dell Support, hoping that this won't be happening again.

Regards,

Bruno Santos."

No Events found!