Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

A

39 Posts

June 1st, 2019 16:00

SupportAssist 3.2.2 wont start

All of a sudden SupportAssist 3.2.2 wont start up anymore. After it spins that square thing around for awhile it comes up with an error saying "We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later".   I have done that several times and still get the same result. 

I have seen similar posts for older versions of this program but not for this one.  Anyone else getting it with this one? If so any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

June 1st, 2019 20:00

Having the same issue here with version 3.2.2 XPS 15 9550 

Dell produces so much junk that doesn't work and is built to fail , why do we keep buying it?! 

• 

16.7K Posts

June 4th, 2019 06:00

AZBigdog,

Uninstall and reinstall the program to see if that will resolve the error and the program launch.

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

39 Posts

June 5th, 2019 13:00

Hi Jesse,

What ever the issue was it started working again so I didn't have to uninstall or reinstall.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

98 Posts

June 5th, 2019 16:00

Here's how I got it to start.  The SA icon that I had on the Windows 10 desktop had disappeared.  This always happens when SA updates to a new version.  As I have done before under these circumstances, I found it in the Start Menu app list and clicked on it.  But, as others have reported here, SA [v 3.2.2.119  --apparently installed by Dell in the background on May 24, 2019) would not work.  It opened momentarily, but then quit – but with no message about starting and trying again later.  So, I followed the directions of Martin B on 3-25-2019 at https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/Supportassist-refuses-to-start/m-p/7254347#M87469%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-message%3Fref=lith_popular , namely:

Open a Command Prompt (Admin), and type:

1)   cd\

2)   cd C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin

3)   SupportAssistUI.exe Launch

As a result, SA (v 3.2.2.119) opened successfully and performed a number of operations successfully, including installing a new BIOS for my Inspiron 15-7569 ( BIOS v 1.20.0 –release date May 20, 2019).  When I closed SA, I clicked on SA in the Start Menu app list again.  This time it opened without a problem.

Note: You can get an SA icon on the desktop by dragging the SA app in the Start Menu app list to the desktop. Use left-click to drag it there.

1 Message

June 19th, 2019 14:00

I've tried launching it from the command prompt as you suggest and after taking *ages* to "get things ready" it returned the same error.

Is there anything else I can do?

Have a G3

• 

16.7K Posts

June 20th, 2019 05:00

Lloyd_C,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

3 Posts

August 17th, 2019 11:00

its working for me. Thanks

21 Posts

August 24th, 2019 05:00

Hi Karen,

I'm excited to see your solution, but as you'll see from my screenshot, I'm having difficulty using 'Command Prompt.'

Any tips for me--other than studying programming for a year

Me, being cluelessMe, being clueless

1 Message

September 5th, 2019 22:00

Hi, there!  Sorry for the late response; the [elevated] command prompt text should be typed as is underlined in my attached image, although my SupportAssist still won't start.  Arrgh. 

cmd_supportassist.jpg

October 5th, 2019 12:00

Nope, still not opening.

October 5th, 2019 13:00

Nope, still won't start

39 Posts

October 6th, 2019 11:00

Mine is at version 3.3.3.13 and it starts up and appears to work OK.  I'm not sure how accurate the updated driver scan is though as I posted another question regarding it and Intel Management Engine versions.

1 Message

October 28th, 2019 12:00

I'm at version 3.3.3.13 and still get the unexpected error message. Tried uninstall, ccleaner and reinstall. Also tried repair. still nothing

1 Message

November 5th, 2019 11:00

Seriously Dell - You can't even get your own stupid software to work? Why am I purchasing servers from you?

No Events found!