SupportAssist for PCs

Last reply by 07-27-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

SupportAssist Hardware Scan Cancelled

If I try to run a Hardware Scan with Support assist I get a message that the Scan is Cancelled. 

I had started scanning the hardware from Dell's web site and I navigated to another tab.  Since then I've not been able to scan any hardware.

Now if I run the scan from Dell's portal here's the error I get:

Full Test error

A diagnostics scan is already in progress in another tab or window. Please wait for the scan to complete before attempting again.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Replies (4)

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

The support team has uninstalled and re-installed my SupportAssist.  They also updated BIOS.

User RRYR states For the last few days this week I have not used my PC except for an hour or so today.  So far it has not shown any signs of the video / display going blank.

Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Hello,

The original issue has occurred again today at 9:18 pm EDT.  The video/display went blank for a few seconds and came back again.  So can you pl. re-open this issue.

Regards,

--Rajan

Community Manager

Update = After verifying ownership and completing troubleshooting, a DELL agent setup a refurbished motherboard exchange.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor