Unsolved

N

13 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 20:00

SupportAssist and DellSupportAssit not working

After last update for supportassist its still no working , please fix it 

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 19:00

**bleep**! Same with my Dell Precision M6600 and I had to read the only response is to completely uninstall everything, including asking us to manually uninstall what the un-installer fails to remove. This is BS, I have had so many compatibility issues that I tried to use support assist as a way to let Dell fix the issues, yet even the tool to fix things is breaking my computer.

7 Posts

June 24th, 2018 07:00

New version June 4th??????   It is now June 24th.     Where is it???????????????

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 03:00

Hello
Personally I have an alienware 17R4 still under warranty. This morning I will try a 4 times to uninstall and reinstall DellSupportAssit. If again it stops working after some use, I will use the Baldbutbeautiful solution. DellSupportAssit would need support unless it's a bad idea.

1 Message

June 28th, 2018 06:00

Exactly what I'm getting on my XPS 8920!

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2018 02:00

Exactly same problem here on my two Inspiron 7775 AIO's after latest Win 10 update.

I followed Dell's recommendation and uninstalled supportassist on one of them and when i attempted to install latest version I get an alert window that install cannot be carried out due supportassist already installed. I used CCleaner to ensure all registry left overs were removed but same outcome.

Where to now?

I notice that Dell reps on this forum have obviously gone into hiding on this topic due complete lack of any helpful responses........

Would love to hear a targeted response from Dell, instead of leaving customers in the dark and confused....

1 Message

July 2nd, 2018 21:00

I got the same issue. 

Been thinking that's a internet provider bug, tried to switch it to another + connected to us vpn but still the same.

Dell XPS 13 9370 2018

July 9th, 2018 16:00

Same here. Alienware 15r3, warranty goes up to 2020. Tried removing and installing the current version of Support Assist without knowing all of this BS was going on.

Dell would bea lot better off just saying "It's broken, give us a month to sort it out" instead of having thousands of people getting **bleep** over during an install then spending dozens of hours on random internet forums trying to solve their problems (with no luck).

10 Posts

September 20th, 2018 03:00

nothing works

10 Posts

September 20th, 2018 03:00

Same here.  Has not worked since the update.   Mine is new and under warranty and no help is being given.   I have uninstalled/reinstalled, reinstalled the whole system and lost all, still does not work.  Now it will not even install on my computer.   They told me they were working on a fix a few months ago and now nothing.   My other Updaters( digital delivery and alienware update) do not work now either.   I have bought 3 alienware computers over 3500 each and have dell in my office at work, this is going to change now.   

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

September 20th, 2018 04:00

Sincerely Apologies for issue related to Dell SupportAssist application.

There are some known issue on SupportAssist related to Windows 10 Operating System and we are working with Microsoft team on this.

I appreciate your co-operation with DELL refer below scenarios and workaround.

Scenario 1 : SupportAssist is not getting installed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request you to check your Operating System version by run "WINVER" on command prompt and in case your OS version is WIN 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.234) then SupportAssist will not get installed due to Microsoft drivers. it will get fixed with upcoming build or SA & Windows.

Scenario 2 : SupportAssist not getting launch or load properly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request you to check your Operating System version by run "WINVER" on command prompt and in case your OS version is WIN 10 OS build 16299 or above then SupportAssist will not get launch properly due to Microsoft drivers but you can refer below workaround in this case.

Workaround Solution : open command prompt as Administrator on the box. Navigate to appropriate SupportAssist path in bin folder eg : C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin and run “SupportAssistUI.exe Launch” to open the UI.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

No Events found!