Helpless in NC
2 Bronze

Re: SupportAssist not responding

Don't know who first posted this fix...but it worked for me.  Thanks.

C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White.png

0 Kudos
revelli

@pauldmich and all, 

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We heard you and resolved the issue with a hotfix.  SupportAssist pushed an update to address “unresponsive SupportAssist application issue (due to missing logo)”. This update happens silently in the background and doesn’t require any user interaction.  All systems are expected to get this auto update by end of today,June 28th. Please relaunch SupportAssist and ensure issue is resolved.  

PS:  Please do not rename logo file any more, issue gets resolved with specified auto update.

Thanks,

Dell – Kumar

don1855
2 Bronze

Yes! I'd debated renaming that file on my Inspiron 5559 but held off because I trusted that an official auto-fix would eventually be released.  Alas, Dell Support Assist finally opened up normally last night and it worked after three weeks of not-responding.  Thank you revelli.

0 Kudos
marcelojss
1 Copper

Hello. When will it be available for non-English computers? I've been dealing with this issue for some time, reinstalled SupportAssist and it still isn't working.

0 Kudos
treadletoes
1 Copper

The Support Assist not responding is still happening and it is July 1.  I also changed the name on the logo file as stated and now it seems to open fine.  So this is still not fixed.

0 Kudos
Avalanc
1 Copper

Dell support assist is still not responding for me, even after the fix you talk about below.  What do I need to do????  I have an XPS 13 9360.

0 Kudos
fromage
1 Copper

This is July 3 and my support assist is still not responding on my Dell XPS13.

0 Kudos
SPER
1 Copper

July 6th... Still nothing, the support assist application opened for a few seconds when I rebooted my laptop. Told me I had a bunch of drivers that need to be updated and scans to do. And then it immediately stopped responding like usual.

0 Kudos
SNAVE18
1 Copper

I am still having this problem, SupportAssist does not launch and is unresponsive, been getting messages to launch SupportAssist to optimize my computer.

INSPIRON 5680

0 Kudos
boissona55
2 Bronze

We are now in September and the supposed hotfix hasn't been implemented on my computer XPS13 9343; I still get prompts to update my computer but Dell Support Assist in not responding. Some service! That and the unstable touchpad which hasn't been resolved in 3 years, I won't buy Dell again!

0 Kudos