Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MH

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 10:00

SupportAssist not responding

When I open SupportAssist it locks up and it puts that it does not responding, some solution? I've been waiting for a while to it open and nothing

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 22:00

@pauldmich wrote:

Mine started freezing on launch. Went to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png and deleted -Small. Should look like New-Dell-Logo-White.png. 

Working now.

Thanks pauldmich, this fixed the issue for me.

June 26th, 2018 12:00

However did you discover the solution? 

It really helped considering Dell Help and support indicated all drivers were up to date (but had not updated for quite a while) before I stumbled across your solution thanks to Google search (Dell support filters are pretty useless for finding this chat).  I wonder how many other people with this problem, who's warranty expired, ended up paying Dell to solve this Dell-caused-problem for them.

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 17:00

@pauldmich
Silver

‎06-17-2018 09:10 AM
Re: SupportAssist not responding

Mine started freezing on launch. Went to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png and deleted -Small. Should look like New-Dell-Logo-White.png.  Working now.

Thanks pauldmich!!! Worked for me, too. Special thanks because other support threads on this subject advised to uninstall, mess with registry, etc. Dell should be ashamed!

2 Posts

June 26th, 2018 17:00

THANK YOU!!! Worked!!! Simple, Simple, Simple!! 

1 Message

June 27th, 2018 10:00

This action also worked for me

June 27th, 2018 19:00

I also had this problem for the past week+, and changing this .png file name fixed it.

Dell, are you serious?  A badly named .png file causes your support program to completely stop functioning?

Pathetic.

June 28th, 2018 13:00

Don't know who first posted this fix...but it worked for me.  Thanks.

C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White.png

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

June 28th, 2018 15:00

@pauldmich and all, 

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We heard you and resolved the issue with a hotfix.  SupportAssist pushed an update to address “unresponsive SupportAssist application issue (due to missing logo)”. This update happens silently in the background and doesn’t require any user interaction.  All systems are expected to get this auto update by end of today,June 28th. Please relaunch SupportAssist and ensure issue is resolved.  

PS:  Please do not rename logo file any more, issue gets resolved with specified auto update.

Thanks,

Dell – Kumar

1 Message

June 29th, 2018 14:00

Yes! I'd debated renaming that file on my Inspiron 5559 but held off because I trusted that an official auto-fix would eventually be released.  Alas, Dell Support Assist finally opened up normally last night and it worked after three weeks of not-responding.  Thank you revelli.

1 Message

June 30th, 2018 06:00

Hello. When will it be available for non-English computers? I've been dealing with this issue for some time, reinstalled SupportAssist and it still isn't working.

1 Message

July 1st, 2018 19:00

The Support Assist not responding is still happening and it is July 1.  I also changed the name on the logo file as stated and now it seems to open fine.  So this is still not fixed.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2018 08:00

Dell support assist is still not responding for me, even after the fix you talk about below.  What do I need to do????  I have an XPS 13 9360.

July 2nd, 2018 13:00

IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME.  Where are the Dell people to help? I am not the only one the suggested fix did not help.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2018 14:00

July 3 and still not responding, although I get notifications that I need an updated driver.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2018 19:00

This is July 3 and my support assist is still not responding on my Dell XPS13.

No Events found!