VickyC1
2 Bronze

Re: SupportAssist not responding

Doesn't work at all for me

0 Kudos
RicardoDB
2 Bronze

My Resources folder did not have the New-Dell-Logo-White.png file (the larger one). Renaming/deleting the New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png wasn´t working so i renamed that to New-Dell-Logo-White.png and worked. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Kudos
Craignr
2 Bronze

That seemed to fix it.  Very strange problem...

0 Kudos

The fix worked renaming the logo PNG file. Dell should be embarrassed and it makes me wonder about the quality of Dell products.  This should not have gotten through QA and testing, and should also be fixed by now.  Wow.

artsynerd
2 Bronze

This worked for me. Kinda sad and scary that such a little thing slipped by the QA people and caused so many problems for so many people, but it was an easy fix once I knew what needed to be done.

0 Kudos
SteveerreenO
2 Bronze

This worked for me. Thanks to k handzik for finding.

Running Windows 10 64 bit.

Renaming C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png to New-Dell-Logo-White.png

0 Kudos
Kalak
2 Bronze

My Resources folder already has a New-Dell-Logo-White.png file (a larger icon file) and the New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png

Renaming the file doesn't work. Deleting the original file and renaming the -Small file doesn't work. Nothing works for me.

Jaykon620
2 Bronze

Same here. It is still not responding for me after renaming both of the logos.

0 Kudos
Batman586
2 Bronze

I have been trying for two days been to the support center and it tells me I have the most recent down loads. When I run trouble shoot I get incompatible program not fixed, and SupportAssistinstaller is incompatible also not fixed.

0 Kudos
Saurav10
2 Bronze

I have Dell 5571, support assist not responding since few days. 

0 Kudos