nanoai
2 Bronze

XPS 13 9370 SupportAssist Failed - PCI Express - Realtek PCIE CardReader, PCI Express Status Test

Jump to solution

XPS 13 9370 running Windows 10 Pro

The Dell SupportAssist application picks up failure on PCI Express - Realtek PCIE CardReader, PCI Express Status Test WPE01-EH4

Does anyone else get this error?

The cardreader itself appears to work fine. I tested with a microSDHC UHS-1 card and was able to read and write.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open Dell SupportAssist
  • Click Hardware Checkup
  • Click Scan Specific Device
  • Click Motherboard

https://imgur.com/a/QoUhC

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
nanoai
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9370 SupportAssist Failed - PCI Express - Realtek PCIE CardReader, PCI Express Status Tes

Jump to solution

I have been informed from Dell support that this is a false positive and a firmware update will be released later this month to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ElPichichi78
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9370 SupportAssist Failed - PCI Express - Realtek PCIE CardReader, PCI Express Status Tes

Jump to solution

Confirmed that this is fixed with the latest BIOS update. Somebody on the technical team needs to make first line support aware as they were trying to push a hardware replacement for this..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
fingon
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Same here: WPE01-EU1.

0 Kudos
perpetoom
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Does running diagnostics when device is booting (F12 -> Diagnostics) report the same issue? If so it might be a hardware problem otherwise probably faulty drivers.

fingon
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

BIOS hardware check normal. Drivers re-installed - problem still there on diagnostics, although the miniSD card works

0 Kudos
ejn63
7 Gold

Jump to solution

When you ran the test, was there a writeable card in the reader?  If there wasn't, the test will fail.

fingon
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

There was...

0 Kudos
nanoai
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I ran the F12 diagnostics at boot and everything passed. I feel less concerned.

I installed the latest firmware, did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, and installed the latest drivers. SupportAssist still produces the error.

Given that other people also get this error, I feel it is safe to say this is a software/driver issue. Hopefully it gets fixed.

tornstick
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
My 9370 shows same message on failure except error is coded WPE01-EH4.
0 Kudos
Nando1970
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Same here, with error code WPE01-E1C
0 Kudos
RG187
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Same here.

Error code WPE01-E2Q

Spoke with tech support for an hour.

We even rolled back to the previous bios and still had the same error.  Only solution they had was to send in the laptop to them and they will have a look. Paid 2k for this thing and only had it for a month....not impressed.

I was going to go to the Microsoft store where i purchased and see if they would exchange it, see how everyone else is having the same issue not really sure this will change anything.  

0 Kudos