Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2017 01:00

XPS 8300 help with support assist

I don't believe I have support assist downloaded on my pc.  I tried to download it from Dell but after saving it and then trying to run, I get a message that says no updates available.  Also on Dell.com I tried to do a diagnostic test from Dell and when it gets to support assist the same message pops up, no updates found and then nothing at all happens.  What can I do to fix this?  I believe I have a bad video card so I wanted to run the diagnostic tool to verify, but I am stuck.

3 Apprentice

• 

23 Posts

June 11th, 2017 22:00

SupportAssist could already be installed on your system. Could you pleases verify. In the Installed programs at Control Panel? If you have the SupportAssist application installed, then you can open the application and run the scan.

2 Posts

June 11th, 2017 23:00

I checked, it is not listed under installed programs, so I am pretty sure I do not already have it.  And for some reason I also can not download it from Dell either.  

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

June 11th, 2017 23:00

can you go to below location and download the exe.

content.dellsupportcenter.com/.../aulauncher.exe

before that go to %appdata% & %programdata% folder and delete PCDr folder if present.

6 Posts

December 5th, 2017 12:00

Hello and excuse me for chiming in.  I have the same problem:  I have a Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 10.  I don't have a problem but am interested in my hard drive performance.  So I wanted to run a Disk Stress Test.  Dell "System Detect" is installed.  Dell "Support Assist" appeared to install and went looking for updates but none were found.  When I closed that message, I saw the notification "A problem has been detected." but no diagnostic or error code, just this general message.  I am running this with Firebox, is that OK?  In my list of installed apps, I see "Dell Support Center: PC Doctor" dated 7/18/2017.  

6 Posts

December 5th, 2017 12:00

Hello DELL-Nikhil K:  I am having the same issue and could use your advice.  I tried your link "content.dellsupportcenter.com/.../aulauncher.exe".  Upon launch, it opened the same window as before, searching for updates with a back and forth animation.  No updates were found.  Does "updates" include the "SupportAssist" program itself?  I see I have "Dell Support: PC Doctor".  Is that "SupportAssist" or something else?  I have Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser.  Thanks for any help.  

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

December 5th, 2017 21:00

Hi BillX3800,

Can you please check and let me know the installed version of Dell SupportAssist and it will be good if you can attach program & feature screenshot as well.

Thanks

Nikhil

6 Posts

February 13th, 2018 12:00

I don't believe it's installed.  Can you provide the steps I need to fulfill your request? 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 1st, 2018 11:00

There is support for many things but its not free. You need  Premium Support Plus

There isn't really an upgrade path.  You should remove the old and install the new.  The Aulauncher downloads the packages and installs the agent.

You must then register the machine after that.

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/dell_premium_support_plus...

Premium Support Plus includes:
  • 24x7 direct access to expert hardware and software phone support
  • Onsite support after remote diagnosis
  • Repairs for accidental damages like drops, spills and electrical surges
  • Collaborative help to resolve everyday software issues
  • Personalized help with software for more complex issues, or for help with setting data backup, parental controls, and more
  • International support – help that travels with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwG2SiV04Q

• Dell SupportAssist Community online portal at com/SupportAssistGroup. This portal provides information about the capabilities and features of SupportAssist, blogs, FAQs, and other technical documents.

• SupportAssist for PCs & tablets (Managing Personal Devices) playlist on YouTube provides video tutorials for the tasks you can perform with

http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-supportassist-pcs-tablets_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf

No Events found!