Highlighted
2 Bronze

cannot uninstall SupportAssist

Jump to solution

SupportAssist upgrade failed on my computer. Before re-trying, I wanted to uninstall the SupportAssist from Uninstall Programs on my computer because a warning appeared that SupportAssist installation file was missing therefore SupportAssist could not be uninstalled. How can I  uninstall SupportAssist by other means from my computer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: cannot uninstall SupportAssist

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you have shared your information or information related to your system such as service tag/order number/customer number, you need to delete the information that you have shared on the public post on the community forum.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @mhmt

We have replied to you in private message

Kavyashree

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, I've experienced the same problem. SupportAssist isn't working on my Inspiron 5480, and I read that uninstalling and reinstalling would work. However, when I tried to uninstall through control panel, I get "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches" error. How do I uninstall SupportAssist?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I could not find your reply in private messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand that you need assistance regarding Support Assist application.

Could you share the Service tag of the system via a private message so that I can look into this?

-Gautam.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

<Service Tag removed> When I logged in to DELL Support, entering my service tag to check for updates the first thing the diagnostics wanted to do was to check if SupportAsssist was installed, then proceeded to update SupportAssist, but this update action never ended so I stopped it. Then I decided and tried to uninstall the existing SupportAssist in my computer from "Uninstall Programs" so that I could make a fresh install but the attempt failed with the following messages:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SupportAssistx64-3.0.2.48.msi' in the box below. Use source C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SupportAssistAgent\Launch.'

' The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it'

If I were able to uninstall SupportAssist then I would reinstall it from scratch, maybe this would have been the right way rather than struggling to install the new version of SupportAssist on top of a corrupt application.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the details.

I see that the Service tag is out of warranty. We are an in warranty support team. Please reach out to our support team in your region regarding this. You can call them on 90 (0) 212 371 9054. They're available 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Mon to Fri.

I also suggest you to delete your public post containing the Service tag of the system due to the security reasons.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I wrote to DELL only after I logged in to Community. I don't have any posts on Twitter. Would you please let me know where else I should look for public posts. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you have shared your information or information related to your system such as service tag/order number/customer number, you need to delete the information that you have shared on the public post on the community forum.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos