Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

27 Posts

June 26th, 2020 08:00

cannot uninstall SupportAssist

SupportAssist upgrade failed on my computer. Before re-trying, I wanted to uninstall the SupportAssist from Uninstall Programs on my computer because a warning appeared that SupportAssist installation file was missing therefore SupportAssist could not be uninstalled. How can I  uninstall SupportAssist by other means from my computer?

• 

25.1K Posts

July 1st, 2020 04:00

Hi,

If you have shared your information or information related to your system such as service tag/order number/customer number, you need to delete the information that you have shared on the public post on the community forum.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

1 Message

February 3rd, 2021 10:00

Same exact thing happened to me, and this Microsoft program solved the issue for me: 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Not sure if this actually resolved, but just wanted to share to help other people that are having the same issue.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 26th, 2020 14:00

Hi @mhmt

We have replied to you in private message

Kavyashree

1 Message

June 27th, 2020 01:00

Hi, I've experienced the same problem. SupportAssist isn't working on my Inspiron 5480, and I read that uninstalling and reinstalling would work. However, when I tried to uninstall through control panel, I get "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches" error. How do I uninstall SupportAssist?

27 Posts

June 27th, 2020 02:00

I could not find your reply in private messages.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 27th, 2020 04:00

Hi,

I understand that you need assistance regarding Support Assist application.

Could you share the Service tag of the system via a private message so that I can look into this?

-Gautam.

27 Posts

June 28th, 2020 03:00

When I logged in to DELL Support, entering my service tag to check for updates the first thing the diagnostics wanted to do was to check if SupportAsssist was installed, then proceeded to update SupportAssist, but this update action never ended so I stopped it. Then I decided and tried to uninstall the existing SupportAssist in my computer from "Uninstall Programs" so that I could make a fresh install but the attempt failed with the following messages:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SupportAssistx64-3.0.2.48.msi' in the box below. Use source C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SupportAssistAgent\Launch.'

' The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it'

If I were able to uninstall SupportAssist then I would reinstall it from scratch, maybe this would have been the right way rather than struggling to install the new version of SupportAssist on top of a corrupt application.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 28th, 2020 04:00

Thanks for the details.

I see that the Service tag is out of warranty. We are an in warranty support team. Please reach out to our support team in your region regarding this. You can call them on 90 (0) 212 371 9054. They're available 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Mon to Fri.

I also suggest you to delete your public post containing the Service tag of the system due to the security reasons.

27 Posts

July 1st, 2020 02:00

I wrote to DELL only after I logged in to Community. I don't have any posts on Twitter. Would you please let me know where else I should look for public posts. Thank you.

• 

25.1K Posts

July 7th, 2020 16:00

Greetings, 

We are awaiting your response to continue troubleshooting the issues in your system. Do write to us here for further assistance or any other query. We're happy to assist you 24/7. 

-Pratheepan. 

1 Message

September 1st, 2020 11:00

I have uninstalled SupportAssist from control panel but then while uninstalling it suddenly shows up this windows crash issue and restarts my PC and due to that I'm not unable to uninstall it properly so I can reinstall it. I have googled saw a video of Dell Community on YouTube followed all the steps but still helpless. Kindly resolve this issue.
Service tag: will be shared in private

Windows Error Code: Page Fault in Non-page Area

I'm unable to attach the error image. The screen goes green showing message:
Your windows insider build ran into a problem:
Stop Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

September 1st, 2020 12:00

@Ahmed51 

Hold off on uninstalling SupportAssist until BIOS 2.13 is released, ETA is late September.  We seen some issues that you are describing in some Inspiron 15 3567 models.  The BIOS fixed should address the issue.  Once the BIOS is updated to 2.13 and you’re still having an issue then let us know.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2020 03:00

also can't uninstall supportassist and it's slowing down my PC and causing blue screen crashes. what is an alternative program? my laptop is becoming unstable/unusable. can't run hardware scan and very frustrating. please advise.

1 Message

September 8th, 2020 12:00

Hi There

I am having the same issue: I cannot uninstall SupportAssist through the Control Panel. It says under "Remove Programs" that it has version 3.6.0.97 installed. When trying to uninstall, it says it cannot find "SupportAssistUninstaller.exe", the directories in "Program Files" are empty.

For some reason I had Support Assist twice in my list, the first one I could remove, this one I cannot. Without removing this entry, I (aparently) cannot install a new version.

Help please!

I have a Precision 5520 with valid support.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

September 8th, 2020 22:00

Hi @Crayfish68 If you are checking Apps and Features then you will find 2 SupportAssist entries - one is Dell SupportAssist which is around 205MB and other is SupportAssist which is Windows APPx entry which is required for shortcut in WIN 10. Try to uninstall control panel after system restart or please get in touch with Tech Support they can definitely solve your issue.
No Events found!