Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2018 16:00

dell supportassist

can someone please tell me how i can run the supportassist application.  it says it is installed but how do i run it?  what can i click on to make it run?

the little wrench icon is now gone and i don't know how to run the application.  can someone help me?

thank you,

eric

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 11th, 2018 20:00

:BigSmile:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Type Support Assist onto [Cortana] search box, click on it, Support Assist menu should appears. Also, you could pin Support Assist to the Start menu or to the task bar by clicking the windows logo at left bottom of taskbar and then right click Support Assist. You could select either Pin To Start Menu or Pin To Taskbar(More...)  

Please click on the link below for additional information:

Dell Support Assist (Official Dell Tech Support):

https://youtu.be/g-8_SoXyTUI

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 18th, 2018 17:00

Sorry...a bit late on your comment. As you contribute or post on the forums various metals or jewels are badged on your account. Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond..etc. Sorry if you felt it was a slight on your question or you as a community member. Dell has used such a system for many years and it does not have any derogatory connotations.

As for the icon, when you type Support Assist into Cortana it should come up highlighted as the first choice in the list. You should be able to send it to Start. Once it is in Start, you can click on Start then when the menu is displayed, left click and drag it to the desktop.

1 Message

November 5th, 2018 12:00

How do you get the icon back on the desktop? Not the taskbar or start menu.

On a side note: This was my first posting here and I just noticed that Dell labelled me ..apparently I am "copper", does that suggest that I am like a penny or worthless in some type of way? Very strange ... indeed, very strange. Why on Earth would a company or anyone do that?
No Events found!