mike.moser
1 Copper

CLEAN FILES stuck at 0% for hours

Recently discovered SupportAssist - all the tests run fine except for one - Clean Files...  If just sits in the following state for hours until I get tired and cancel the whole app...  Any ideas on what may be causing it to stick on this?  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

9 Replies
OldExpatLady
1 Copper

Re: CLEAN FILES stuck at 0% for hours

I've been having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet.  Reinstalled SupportAssist, removed the temp files.  Nada.

0 Kudos
mike.moser
1 Copper

I feel your pain...  Seems like no one reads these...

0 Kudos

Hi mike.moser,

I would advise you to get in touch with Dell Technical Support team they can try to debug this issue and in case they will not able to fix they can escalate it to SupportAssist Engineering team with all the required data and accordingly engineering team will help you.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K 

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
OldExpatLady
1 Copper

Or post it here when a new working version comes out. 

0 Kudos
order1212
1 Copper

Same problem. Haven't been able to run assist fully in a while because of it even though I need to. Please fix!

0 Kudos
rajiv107
1 Copper

Resolved!
This happened to me few times, finally I did contact support, after trying the updates one last time.
This time the entire set of updates worked fine and without much wait.
I guess it must be the BIOS update I ran ( upon prompt), when I ran the Support Assist that one last time

Nothing new was done on the support call, just ran a system check to ensure all hardware was fine and then reboot, and run Support assist again... and bingo! all was smooth!

SINGH G
1 Copper

I faced similar problem, file cleaning stucked at 0% for more than 2 hours, closed Dell support Assist.Look for drivers update & updated recommended. Surprisingly it worked smooth next day.

Singh G

0 Kudos
KurlAnn
1 Copper

I have been having the same problems for weeks now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tom_mai78101
1 Copper

I'm thinking of running SupportAssist in chunks.

I'm manually running the "Get Drivers & Downloads" and "Scan Hardware" with the SupportAssist, and they both work.

Manually running "Clean Files" will stay stuck at 0%.

Manually running "Tune Performance" will also stay stuck at 0%.

Manually running "Optimize Network" will also stay stuck at 0%.

I don't have "Remove Viruses & Malware" feature, so I didn't do any of that.

It really has to do with the process of "Preparing..." stuffs that the SupportAssist is getting stuck at. And I don't know why.

I don't even know if it's possible to run SupportAssist as administrator on Windows 10 at this point.

0 Kudos