RE: Control Panel won't uninstall Support Assist Agent

Reinstall your Operating System and avoid any Dell Software. That was the only way that I could completely get rid of it.  Support Assist is poorly written code; failure. Avoid it and second guess all other Dell software.

0 Kudos
45J
Copper

I have the same problem and here is a screenshot. Both SupportAssisdt and SupportAssist Agent are uninstalled. How do I get this thing off my taskbar and computer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You can try this...

1)      Uninstall Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssist Agent from Control Panel – Programs & Features

2)      Remove these folders

1. C:\Program Files\Dell\ DellDataVault
  2. C:\Program Files\Dell\ SupportAssist
  3. Click start & Run, Type- %ProgramData% and enter. Delete the PCDR folder.
  4. Click start & Run, Type- %AppData% and enter. Delete the PCDR folder.

3)      Click on start run, type regedit, this opens the registry. Make sure the SupportAssistAgent folder does not exists in this location, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssistAgent. If the folder is present right click and say delete.

4)      Restart the machine

DELL-Joe B
Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

Diane P.
Copper

I OWN this and am the administrator.

Why do I get this, and how can I uninstall, please??

0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Can you try to stop the Dell SupportAssist service and then try to uninstall?

Joe has posted some steps in this blog, you may want to have a look at them too.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Aniruddha S

0 Kudos

Joe - please help.  I too have issues with Support Assist.   I have tried to uninstall the Support Assist from control panel/uninstall and it won't do it.  I tried to go to my program file and delete both Dell Data Vault and Support Assist and it won't delete files.  My computer is new and only used for checking email and quickbooks.  

Tromick
Copper

Re: Control Panel won't uninstall Support Assist Agent

0 Kudos
milliscent
Copper

Hi there . I have the exact same issue. Kindly advise what I should do as nothing in the responses above has helped. I do not have Dell Assist Support Agent so I have nowhere to uninstall this

0 Kudos