Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2018 05:00

Dell 5567 [Support Assist is not updating and stuck]

Yesterday night, I launched Dell's Support Assist to do routine maintenance tasks such as clean up, optimizing performance etc. But as I launched the application it showed me a dialog box saying

"A new version of SupportAssist is available and is being installed on this PC. Depending on the speed of your PC, this update can take several minutes."

Another dialog box launched in addition to the previous dialog box that read

"Getting application files".

I have waited the whole day for the upgrading process to complete but it hasn't, it looks like it is stuck. So kindly help me out. Dialog Box 1Dialog Box 1

Dialog Box 2. The loading status is in motion but never moved to the completion stage.Dialog Box 2. The loading status is in motion but never moved to the completion stage.

November 25th, 2019 01:00

Hey manually update to the latest version of chipset and Bios version from dell's site and then follow this steps(as mentioned in here by Martin) but don't uninstall supportassist just clean files and download free version of Revo uninstaller to do 'advanced' clean uninstall of support assist through hunter mode. Restart pc and again install it through dells site...this perfectly worked for me.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2018 06:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

What was the previous version of Support Assist installed?

Open task manager- click on the processes tab & end task on any Support Assist & Support Assist Remediation tasks. Uninstall Support Assist from programs.

Clear ALL SupportAssist, SupportAssistAgent, PCDr, PC-Doctor, My Dell, Dell Support Center, folders from:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell
  2. C:\ProgramData
  3. %APPDATA%
  4. C:\Windows\Temp

Reboot the system, complete all Windows updates. Install Support Assist from this link https://dell.to/2KziibC

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

4 Posts

November 27th, 2018 23:00

I have followed your steps but the problem isn't solved yet. I downloaded Support Assist installer from the link you mentioned and ran it. Its stuck at "Getting Application Files". The previous version of support assist that was running on my machine was "Version 3.0.2". I am not sure of the version though.

After_following_steps.PNG

6 Posts

December 14th, 2018 06:00

I have the same frustrating problem. I did some checking. A video on the Dell website said that "SupportAssist is installed on all Dell systems shipped that are shipped with Windows 10 operating system."  I'm running Windows 7.  Perhaps SupportAssist is designed to run only on Dells with Win10.  Just a guess and perhaps wrong.

1 Message

December 20th, 2018 07:00

Same here!  This program is very unstable, IMO, as I am constantly having issues with either updating getting stuck or program not launching at all.

IS IT WORTH IT?

6 Posts

January 8th, 2019 19:00

Same issue here, tried all the steps.

January 13th, 2019 17:00

@JonRo

Anyone solved this issue?

1 Message

January 30th, 2019 14:00

Has this issue been resolved?

January 31st, 2019 03:00

Hi,

same problem here. Support assists stuck during the update and if I try to uninstall the application I get a message that another program is been installed... And I can not find any ongoing installations on my laptop. Dell Command update can not install two of it's driver updates either (failure). 

Having a Dell Latitude has been a pain in the **bleep** for me, docking station WD15 is a disaster! Now forexample my laptop does not recognize docking station at all. And this is one year old set-up! Problems from the beginning.

1 Message

March 27th, 2019 08:00

in my case i'm not install supportassist because showing "Getting application files" continuesly.

Please help me for its completion.

1 Message

March 28th, 2019 16:00

I am having the same issue on my laptop. Is there anyone solved this problem?

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

April 19th, 2019 08:00

Please let us know if you are still facing this issue -"UI getting struck on 'Updating SupportAssist...' window.  We can help in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Dell-Kumar

#iwork4Dell

4 Posts

April 19th, 2019 09:00

No, still facing the same issue. Hasn't been resolved yet. 

4 Posts

April 19th, 2019 09:00

Yes,  still facing the same issue. Hasn't been resolved. 

1 Message

April 20th, 2019 04:00

When I try to run SupportAssist I get the same window, that there is an update being installed and that it may take a few minutes.  Eight hours later, the same window with the same 3 dots allegedly showing the installation is in progress, but no results.  When I try to download SupportAssist from the Dell site, it tells me the latest version is already installed on my computer.  I'm showing version 3.1.30.0 installed on my computer.  

No Events found!