Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

54 Posts

June 10th, 2018 16:00

Dell Support Assistant not working

I have been having all sorts of problems with my laptop today.

It started yesterday. The laptop had been running very slow lately.  I had previously tried to download and install Windows Update version 1709 but it was not working on my laptop so I uninstalled it and stopped the automatic updates for a couple months.  I accessed Settings yesterday and saw Windows Update was attempting to download and install update to Windows, version 1803.  I let the update run and download.  When I attempted to install the update, it could not be installed because the April 2018 update was not installed.   I know nothing about this April update.  Usually, I would receive an email about an update but did not.

Today, I tried again to install the update.  My system was running so slow, I tried to do a system restore but could not be done, it said due to the anti-virus application installed.  I uninstalled Kaspersky Internal Security application.  The system seems to be running a little better.  I attempted to run Dell Support Assistant but it would not open.  I ran the repair option and reset option and it still will not open.  I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still will not open.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 11th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

What is the version of Support Assist application you are trying to install?

Type winver in run command box & check the version presently installed.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Please run a hardware diagnostics by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

54 Posts

June 12th, 2018 18:00

Hello,

The version of Dell Support Assist is 2.2.1.23; it is the latest version.  I recently installed the latest Windows Update and now the application opens. The Scan Hardware task does not work.  I click on Run Now, it displays "Preparing for hardware test ....", then it states an error has occured

The BIOS verison installed is A09.  I ran the hardware diagnostics and no errors were found.

3 Posts

June 14th, 2018 15:00

I'm having the same problem after the windows 10 update.

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 08:00

I'm also having the exact same problem. i3668, just updated to BIOS 1.8.0, and the support assistant problem is still there.

1 Message

June 19th, 2018 23:00

Likewise :-(

1 Message

June 22nd, 2018 16:00

sigh.. ready for someway to fix this whenever everyone else is..... computers runnin slower than a slugs butt. keep getting the "not responding:" error. ran program compatibility troubleshooter in windows told me to reset to defaults, it diid it for me. asked if i would check the program and it opened and i immediately received a red band across the top of the app home page that said something to the effect of ""out of date, visit dell". it stopped responding twice before i could click it. 

4 Posts

June 24th, 2018 10:00

Ditto on R4

1 Message

June 24th, 2018 13:00

I uninstalled Support Assist and updated all drivers through Dell.com support page. I then ran diagnostics and it installed SA before running the tests and now SA works fine.  Hope it works for you.

1 Message

September 15th, 2018 18:00

Sorry for resurrecting this dead topic/post but this actually helped me solve my never-ending problems with drivers and SupportAssist. So I felt obliged to thank you and hope that more people will see this. An important point though: 

Apparently Realtek Audio drivers have a problem with the newest Windows 10 update. When you try to install the newest driver, it goes into a loop of installing/uninstalling. There is a solution that can be found easily by a simple search (I don't know if I'm allowed to share links that are not related with Dell, but Google is a friend.) 

And I suggest everyone to follow the importance order of the drivers on the dell's support website when you are trying to install drivers manually. Restarts are also very important I assume.

Anyway, thanks again Sunny528! 

19 Posts

September 26th, 2018 05:00

I'm having the same problem with v2.2.3.2. Hardware Scan hangs at 0%.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 26th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue?  Has there been any recent software changes like Windows updates or application installation?

Does the computer freeze when the application hangs up?

Have you tried reinstalling Support Assist to check if the issue persists?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

September 26th, 2018 19:00

Hi JTS4963,

Hardware Scan hangs is known issue on 2.2.3 for few cases and we have already fixed this issue with new SupportAssist 3.0.1 release.

SupportAssist 3.0.1 is already launch for pilot countries i.e India, France, Ireland & Columbia and it may globally launch on 10/1. In case your system tag belongs to pilot countries i would recommend you to update SupportAssist and check Hardware Scan functionality.

In case your system tag doesn't belongs to pilot countries then i would advise you to wait for  2-3days for SA 3.0.1 global launch then update SupportAssist and check Hardware scan functionality.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

4 Posts

November 29th, 2018 02:00

Looks like Dell have a real issue with customers being unable to run support updates, 

Since last update on 28th October 3 attempts to run support have failed, doesn't get from 0% download.

My AIO Inspiron desktop PC is about 6 months old running latest version of Windows10

Appears I now have to attempt different things to overcome this problem which as a basic older PC user with limited ability/knowledge is a pain, especially when I have read how many fixes don't appear to work for other customers.

December 25th, 2018 09:00

Hardware scan doesn't work since 2. Nov

Support Assistant: Version: 3.0.2.48

20. Dez:

Dell Alienware 18 System BIOS - A14 - 10 MB - Wichtig - Installiert

No Events found!