Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2019 12:00

Empty verify auto dispatch preferences email

Folks, we are receiving emails from Dell asking us to verify the auto dispatch preferences, but in the body of the message, there is no reference to the machine that needs the update.

any idea how to figure this out?  we have multiple clients with Dell machines (we're an MSP), so this is a needle in the haystack without some kind of machine reference.

thanks

• 

790 Posts

May 3rd, 2019 03:00

Hey,

this mail sounds link an email from SupportAssist Enterprise backend. Do you have a SupportAssist Enterprise (for Server, Storage, Network, ...) version in use? 

If yes, you need to check the server where SupportAssist Enterprise is running at.

Cheers
Stefan

May 3rd, 2019 14:00

Thanks, Stefan.

there are 94 machines in our environment across about 18 clients which have SupportAssist installed.  as a result, without some sort of machine reference, like a service tag, it is virtually impossible to know which client, much less which machine, is asking for an update.

so i was hoping there was some backdoor that would let us edit these settings.  we don't know who set them up, when, etc.  at a minimum, an unsubscribe option would be nice.

any thoughts?

• 

790 Posts

May 13th, 2019 06:00

Hey,

normally you find the information about the affected system, but not about the SAE host. I may check this in our back end. Can you send me the ServiceTag of one of your enterprise systems via direct message?
Let me see if I can find something out :)

Cheers
Stefan

No Events found!