Highlighted
kazpandabear
1 Copper

Hardware issue: Unable to process support request.

So a few days ago I noticed SupportAssist doing something on my Venue 8 Pro. I opened it up and got this.

"Issue Detected - SupportAssist has detected an issue on your system. A hardware component needs to be replaced. Continue to the next screen to confirm your contact information in order to coordinate your part replacement."

Sounded serious so I continued. At the end I got this.

"Unable to Process the Support Request." Then something about my product being under warranty and to contact Dell. I ran the system diagnostic tool and found no problems. What's going on? Should I just return it? I don't want it if there are problems with it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Hardware issue: Unable to process support request.

Do you have a screen shot or details of the issue detected?  Does it happen every time you reboot the device or turn it on?  Have you contacted Dell since this post and what was the result? 

DELL-Joe B
Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
kazpandabear
1 Copper

I do not have a screen shot. It had been showing up every reboot until I give it my information. I've only rebooted once since then, but the notice is not there. I'm not sure what to tell Dell if I were to contact them since the program gave me absolutely no information on what the hardware problem could be.

Is the SupportAssist program just a ploy to trick user into giving personal data?

0 Kudos

SupportAssist is not a ploy to get personal information. If you click the home tab it will give you a lot of information about SupportAssist.

I believe the initial information collected is part of the registration process. In the case where a critical alert occurred a case could be created at Dell (if the device is still under warranty), diagnostics would be collected and a Dell tech representative would have that info to contact you.

I’ll investigate if there is a file we can look at on the Venue 8 to see what type of Hardware issue it was referring to

DELL-Joe B
Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos
kazpandabear
1 Copper

I called support and here is what I told: There is a patch coming out for SupportAssist. It is telling users that there is a hardware problem when there might not be (giving false positives). What a waste of time.

0 Kudos