Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 28th, 2019 05:00

How to Test SupportAssist Case Creation

Hi All,

OpenManage Essentials: 2.4

SupportAssist Enterprise: 2.0.10.13

Recently I've seen instances where critical alerts are showing in OME but cases are not being automatically created using SupportAssist. After some searching and reading I think there should be a Policy.xml file which determines the criteria which a case is created, I cannot find that .xml on the server. I installed SupportAssist on a test VM and am still unable to find the file, so my question is how can I and test the criteria when a ticket is automatically created.

Thanks

• 

790 Posts

April 5th, 2019 04:00

Hi AaronGB,

you're right in the early days we used to have the policy.xml file within the installation folder. This got changed. The policy is now within the integrated database and no longer accessible by the user.

There are at least two points to consider:

1. Not every critical alert is qualified to open a case.
  2. Out of warranty systems are not qualified to open cases. 

SupportAssist Enterprise gives you a tool to test functionality, simply hover over the user name in the upper right, within this menu, you will find the Connectivity Test and also the SupportAssist Enterprise test which gives you feedback if everything is ok to open cases.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Stefan

1 Message

May 3rd, 2019 03:00

Whilst an out of warranty system won't create a case, you should still get an email from SAE to let you know there is an issue on the server, but a case can be raised becuase it's out of warranty.

If you have an iDRAC connected server, you can generate a test alert for FAN0001 which should trigger SAE to generate a case, if the server is in warranty.

In the Alerts view, enter FAN0001 in the "message ID to test event" section. You should see the alert in Open Manage Essentials, and subsequently in SAE.

No Events found!