DoNotLikeDell
1 Nickel

I Don't Want Dell Support Assist

I am not interested at all in having Dell Support Assist on my computer. It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!

Please Tell Me How To Remove It.  I do not want to Patch Dell Support Assist or upgrade to a new software version nor am I interested in explaining myself. I just want the g-dd-mn Pop-Ups to Stop!!!

Thank You

ps. Any software that wants my private information before it tells me the reason is not to be trusted.

15 Replies
DoNotLikeDell
1 Nickel

RE: I Don't Want Dell Support Assist

A program that I have never seen before or never have used automatically pops out of nowhere with a big shiny Dell logo. The program then tells me that there is a problem with my computer, but before it will tell me what that problem is, its wants to know all my personal details. This is severely adding to my high level of stress and paranoia. Where did this program come from? Why doesn't Dell just go ahead and disclose the issue without having to give up private information. What are they hiding? Dell should have my personal information already from when I ordered my computer. Why are they so insistent that I give it up first thing? Is this a scam? Is this program Malicious? Whose on the other end? How intrusive is it? Does it want to wipe my computer, steal info, spy on me or my family? <profanity removed> ? Why won't it work? Why wont the program uninstall? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

Tags (2)
Hans111
1 Nickel

Supportassist is the successor of the application Mydell, both are pre-installed on a new system. The only thing you had to do, when you system was new, was to answer a few questions and agree with some terms or some something like that.

This is basically the same as Microsoft does with Windows update. Companies like Dell, Microsoft and also similar computer manufacturers would like to keep your system stable and secure via these types of update applications.

However if you don't like it simply don't agree with the terms and uninstall the whole thing.

If you ask my opinion, by not keeping your system up-to-date, the chances that a hacker will take over your system is much higher then a company doing something with your information.

gzhtub
1 Nickel

Maybe it's a stealth app to sell you stuff you don't want/need? EG, Dell memory will be much more expensive thatn 3rd party, but works just the same, or if your battery dies (& it will quickly), and you are out of warranty, it will try to sell you a warranty extension, then an expensive battery...

DoNotLikeDell
1 Nickel

The program actually checks out as legit. But the way that the system is executed is very odd and suspect.

Its not very nice to collect phone numbers and addresses before it is revealed what the problem is.

Someone needs to rethink it.

DoNotLikeDell
1 Nickel

Seriously. I cant get the <profanity removed> thing to stop popping up and it wont uninstall. How do I get rid of this <profanity removed> from my computer?

0 Kudos

Uninstall Dell SupportAssistAgent first, then Dell SupportAssist

DELL-Joe B
Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

0 Kudos

SupportAssist only sends data to Dell when failures are detected on your system. It will notify you if detection is discovered. To adjust the settings, go to the Privacy menu item and uncheck the box related to system collection. You can also choose to continue receiving alerts without transmitting data to Dell.

Regards
Aniruddha S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

But if there was a failure, than why would my PC be running at top-notch? I have never had any performance issues with it since I bought it. And even though im getting these "alerts" the PC still runs top-notch?

0 Kudos
DoNotLikeDell
1 Nickel

"But if there was a failure, than why would my PC be running at top-notch? I have never had any performance issues with it since I bought it. And even though im getting these "alerts" the PC still runs top-notch?"

Exactly! And why does it ask for personal information before it tells you whats wrong? Something is not right here!

0 Kudos