Highlighted
Rodog55
1 Copper

IDRAC 5000_7: SNMP settings of the device could not be configured because of an unexpected error.

All of my SupportAssist Enterprise clients with IDRAC 9 are not communicating due to an SNMP error. Dell Support has advised me to downgrade the firmware to version 3.21.26.22 until the SupportAssist app is patched. I am currently running version 2.0.10.13. Does anyone know when the update will be released?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: IDRAC 5000_7: SNMP settings of the device could not be configured because of an unexpected error.

Hi Rodog55,

right now I can't tell you when a next patch will be released - I simply don't have the information.

And another question is if this will be solved with an iDRAC or SAE update.

You updated the iDRAC and then the communication stopped or did the SAE update and the communication stopped?

Can you get me this information, please?

Thanks and happy Friday
Stefan

DellEMCStefan Richter
Community Manager
Brand certified, SMaC Professional
0 Kudos
Rodog55
1 Copper

Re: IDRAC 5000_7: SNMP settings of the device could not be configured because of an unexpected error.

The IDRAC firmware update stopped the communication. bryan.massey@dell.com was the Dell engineer who identified the issue and recommended downgrading the IDRAC firmware to fix the SNMP communication with the IDRAC 9 cards. I did downgrade one server to version FDMV1_WN64_3.21.26.22_A00_01 and the communication was restored.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rodogg55,

thanks, so it seems to be an issue regarding the iDRAC firmware update not with the SupportAssist Enterprise version.
iDRAC versions are more often updated than the SupportAssist application ^^
Shouldn't take too long until a newer version is released.

Cheers
Stefan

DellEMCStefan Richter
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Rodog55
1 Copper

There have been two IDRAC 9 firmware updates since the version that is stable with SNMP. Neither have fixed the problem. It sounds to me like you are saying I should go ahead and downgrade the IDRAC firmware on all of the XL R740xd servers since SAE is not updated very often. SAE's monitoring features work much better with the IDRAC than the system.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

out-of-band is the better choice, indeed!

That's why I recommend going this way in order to use the iDRAC instead of the operating system. For now, you may use the downgrade option in order to use the monitoring until we fixed the issue.

Cheers
Stefan

DellEMCStefan Richter
Community Manager
0 Kudos