1 Copper

Latitude E6510 and Windows 10

Will Windows 10 run on an E6510 without issues

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Latitude E6510 and Windows 10

No it won't have any Dell drivers for windows 10. It is an XP computer originally. Save the cost of upgrading and having problems with hardware drivers--wait to get a new computer.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6510/drivers

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

I got a Latitude E5510 running Windows 10 64 Bit without an issue. The E6510 should also run Windows 10 64 Bit without any issues. All the drivers are inbuilt or automatically obtained via Windows Update.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
PWJ50
1 Copper

Thanks, that was what I thought.
0 Kudos
littlepyro
1 Copper

Hallo Dr Yip, @Philip_Yip

i was reading some geeky stuff from you here in this forum so i decided to register just for this one issue.

i installed everything properly on a used latitude e6510, i5 1. gen. (got a new dell battery as well)

first steps:

1.) changing of thermal conductance paste (temperature drop from 78°C to 65°C while watching youtube @720p)

2.) installed a 256 GB Samsung SSD

3.) put up windows 10 pro 1809

4.) updated driver like USH (for sim card slot)

5.) updated bios to a17

now i have the problem that my laptop does not shut down properly. just the power lamp is on and the fan goes on here and then. drive and everything else is off. even if i press the power on button 5 sek to kill him he does not show any "wrong shut down progress" when turning on again (does not know how the exact sentence is because i am using german language win 10).

edit: event logger shows exit windows properly.

https://imgur.com/a/TNdj4u6

what else i can do. this cant be true that this is the only thing not working.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

My cousin now has my old E5510 but it is still working pretty well. There is no shut down issue on it. Try to Update the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28083/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-and...
Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
littlepyro
1 Copper

looking at the description this driver is for 6th generation and up. my laptop is the 1. gen. should i try it anyway?

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Try it anyway, if it doesn't install I'll look for a different version. 

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos