Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2018 10:00

Questions on Dell Support Assist 1.7.0.57

I am working on packaging and deploying Dell Support Assist, I have found all the technical documentation on the how and what to do. My questions are more around functionality vs. how to. I did not package and distribute our previous version we were on (1.2.6793.01), but I'm being tasked with updating the legacy version to a newer version and updating some of the settings in the package. So if I'm asking too much in one question I can post in several Community Posts, if needed. Here we go: 

1.) In the new version, 1.7.0.57, is there an agent that needs to be deployed with the .msi?

2.) I found the script to verify that each client is registered and successfully communicating to the Dell mothership. Do I need to run this to verify that all of my clients are registered or is there a way to verify they have all come online once new package has been deployed? Script I'm referring to is:  InstallandRegistration.ps1

3.) Does the new version 1.7.0.57, allow you to configure the frequency of the hard/software scans that occur periodically like the older version did? Or to suppress driver updating through the application?

4.) I have noticed there is no application shortcut on the Start Menu programs list or a GUI interface to the new version, is that intended? If so, is the scan history no longer available for troubleshooting purposes?

I look forward to any guidance on these questions that anyone can provide.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 28th, 2018 08:00

There is support for many things but its not free. You need  Premium Support Plus

There isn't really an upgrade path.  You should remove the old and install the new.  The Aulauncher downloads the packages and installs the agent.

You must then register the machine after that.

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/dell_premium_support_plus_comparison_chart.pdf

Premium Support Plus includes:
  • 24x7 direct access to expert hardware and software phone support
  • Onsite support after remote diagnosis
  • Repairs for accidental damages like drops, spills and electrical surges
  • Collaborative help to resolve everyday software issues
  • Personalized help with software for more complex issues, or for help with setting data backup, parental controls, and more
  • International support – help that travels with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwG2SiV04Q

• Dell SupportAssist Community online portal at com/SupportAssistGroup. This portal provides information about the capabilities and features of SupportAssist, blogs, FAQs, and other technical documents.

• SupportAssist for PCs & tablets (Managing Personal Devices) playlist on YouTube provides video tutorials for the tasks you can perform with

http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-supportassist-pcs-tablets_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and Tablets User’s Guide

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery User’s Guide

Additional documents

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets Deployment Guide PDF HTML

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery Support Matrix PDF HTML

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and Tablets Release Notes PDF HTML

SupportAssist for PCs and Tablets Release Notes for Managing Business Systems PDF HTML

SupportAssist capabilities

Description

Dell Service entitlements

Basic

Premium Support

ProSupport

ProSupport Plus

Premium Support Plus

Schedule hardware and software scans

You can schedule hardware and software scans depending on your preference.

SupportAssist will perform the scans based on the schedule.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Notify issues detected during a manually-initiated scan and self- dispatch parts1

If a Support Request is created for an issue, an alert is sent to you. If an issue is detected for in-warranty parts, you are prompted to confirm your shipping address to ship the replacement part.

YES 

YES

YES

YES

YES

Clean files manually

You can clear temporary, redundant, and other unwanted files from your system.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Tune system performance manually

You can adjust the power settings, registry files, and memory allocations to fine-tune your system performance.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Optimize network connectivity manually

You can optimize network connectivity by adjusting the system settings to have an efficient and reliable network.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Troubleshoot system issues

You can search and fix issues by following the steps provided on the troubleshooting page.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Parts self-dispatch through automated system scans1

If an issue is detected for in-warranty parts, you are prompted to confirm your shipping address to ship the replacement part.

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

Automated Support Request creation1

If an issue is detected during an automated scan, a Support Request is automatically created and a Technical Support agent contacts you about the solution.

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

No Events found!