Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2016 10:00

Repeated "Chipset" updates... How do I stop getting these?

I keep getting the same chipset update in Dell Support Assistant. How do I stop receiving the same updates?

Received this update download Oct 10 2016:

Received the same one today, these are the details:

As you will notice, they are the same! I installed it twice and restarted my computer both times. So why do I keep getting a notice for the same chipset?

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 12:00

Dorothy,

I do apologize for the inconvenience but this is a known issue and many teams are working on this to come up with a solution.  It’s not a SupportAssist application issue.  Even if you were to navigate to the web-site the same issue would happen.  Without getting to technical the basic issue resides in the inventory control process where the compare is happening – WMI files are not being updated with the new version at package level, creates a mismatch in the inventory control piece and continuously shows the customer that they need to install the driver.  

I believe the Drives and Downloads team has reach out to Intel and working with other internal teams to come up with a resolution.  I do not have a timeframe when this will get fixed at this time but I'll update this post when I hear more information

November 3rd, 2016 09:00

Thank you! I'm not real technical, but I am sure that it takes time to figure out these types of issues. I will patiently wait for a solution. I guess, I'll just ignore it from now on.

33 Posts

December 31st, 2016 20:00

Kudos to HighlandSecy2016 for being polite and patient and JoeB for honestly stating the problem on behalf of Dell.  It is refreshing to see a company rep not beating around the bush and admitting to a problem.  Overall, I like SupportAssist so the odd glitch is not a big deal once it is understood.

No Events found!