Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

10 Posts

March 18th, 2019 12:00

SA-0145 Unable to add device

I get an email like this every day from my server: SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to add the device because the device credentials are incorrect, incomplete, or not provided.

But when I go to the server, I cannot fix it.  The device collection shows failure, but there is no place to enter credentials.

Is there a manual or human that can explain this?

1 Message

March 27th, 2019 05:00

Hi  I also have the same problem for weeks. Tried many things without results. And there is almost no response from Dell or whatsoever.

• 

790 Posts

April 1st, 2019 02:00

Hi guys,

one question on this, how do you discover your systems? Are you using manual discovery or via an adapter?

Regarding the missing or wrong credentials you maybe use a credential profile with wrong credentials, in this case, update the profile.

Also check, that all your systems use the "correct" credentials, maybe there was a change on one or more systems.

Cheers
Stefan

April 1st, 2019 13:00

I too am , Unable to add device and would just like to delete it from Staging with no luck.

Please advise!

Doug Ritzke

• 

790 Posts

April 3rd, 2019 07:00

Hi Doug,

did you check the things I mentioned above?

Would be nice to know :)

Cheers
Stefan

10 Posts

June 13th, 2019 12:00

I am also getting this error, though it's for a device that has already been added. The device's status is "Failed", and the error code along with SA-9000 appear on the device details flyout panel. Some form of communication is working, because SA Enterprise was able to query the OS version, model, service tag. I was able to remotely install OMSA and SNMP (both of those were already installed, but SA Enterprise tried anyway and reported success).

This error appeared after I installed "Dell EMC iDRAC Service Module Intaller for OS DUP, v3.4.0". Prior to installing that, I was troubleshooting much the same issue except that the error I was given was SA-9025.

10 Posts

June 13th, 2019 12:00

Quick update.

I deleted the device and created it again. This time I am not getting SA-0145, but am getting SA-9025 again. It seems my issue is off-topic in this thread.

• 

790 Posts

June 17th, 2019 01:00

Hey there,

I guess this is already known, but the manual mentions this:

SA-9025 SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to run the script file because of one of the following:
1 You may not have superuser privileges on the system.
2 You have not entered the Management Server IP address.
3 Network sharing might be disabled.

Perform the following:
1 Ensure that you have superuser privileges on the system.
2 Enter the Management Server IP address.

Maybe this is a help?

Stefan

4 Posts

August 15th, 2019 20:00

We aren't using the credential profile and also I have verified that the credentials are correct. I think, you are referring to discovery in the openmanage. How to check if the device discovery is set manual or via adapter in the openmanage? I can see that the device on which we have encountered this has completed discovery.

• 

790 Posts

August 16th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

manual discovery means, in SupportAssist Enterprise you go to the Devices pane and click the add device button. Via adapter, well, in this case, check the Extensions tab and manage your adapters, if you have one there, you discovered the systems via an adapter.

Cheers
Stefan

1 Message

September 17th, 2019 19:00

Hi Stefan R,

I have:

1. Removed and re-added the Account Credentials
  2. Removed and re-added the Credential Profile
  3. Changed the password for the iDRAC tested but didn’t work so changed it back to what it was
  4. Repaired the installation of SAE

Still getting the same error message.  I can confirm the username and password I am using does work logging into the iDRAC.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2021 10:00

Where you able to fix this issue? how did you do? 

February 8th, 2021 00:00

Same here. 

SupportAssist Enterprise Version: 4.00.05.30

5 iDRACs. After installation auf SAE all five were added successfully. Since last week, no changes or updates have been made, two hosts get a "device add error": SA-0140: SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to add the device because a connection to the device was unsuccessful. 

Rebooting SAE and iDRACs didn't fix it.

1 Message

July 13th, 2021 06:00

Hi. I've been tryng to connect my devices for past three days. Everytime I enter the IiDRAC Credentias, I get teh same Error message. And, yes. I've added opened the required ports (161 and 443) and servers are supported too. 

I can connect through , but thats too much of a task as I'll need to configure the users there. But cannot connect through iDRAC and cannot figure out why.

The following is the error message that is displayed.

SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to add the device because a connection to the device was unsuccessful.

Perform the following and then retry:

1. Ensure that the required ports are open on the device. For information on the required ports, see the  
  2. Ensure that you have selected the correct device type.
  3. Verify if the device is supported by SupportAssist Enterprise. For the list of supported device models, see the  .

Error code:SA-0140

Can anyone please help.

TIA

September 23rd, 2021 15:00

Having the same issue.   I saw this once before and what I found was that a few hosts had iDRAC set to auto update enabled.  We ended up waiting until a new version of SupportAssist was released and that did resolve it.  I thought we had disabled the auto update for iDRAC, but it's happened again on two hosts.  iDRAC is at v5.00.10.00, and those hosts will not connect to SupportAssist.  The hosts on iDRAC v4.40.00.00 connect just fine.   

Anyone else notice this?  Can you check your iDRAC firmware version?  Maybe someone at Dell could look into / speak into this.

No Events found!