Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2016 03:00

SA_101 with SupportAsssist 2.2.0 for OME

Hello,

I've installed SupportAssist 2.2.0 for OpenManage Essentials and while I see all our HQ servers configured (green tick), all of our branches servers have this error:

"SupportAssist is unable to run a collection component on alunls01.alunt.net because of an internal error.
If the problem persists, it may require log files to further troubleshoot. Contact Dell technical support for assistance.

Error Code : SA_101"

OME can see those servers, even their issues, but SupportAssist cannot. Connectivity tests are successful; branches are connected to HQ via VPN. I called Dell ProSupport but I was told they cannot help me with this issue.

Do you have any suggestion about this issue, please?

Thanks,
Luca

20 Posts

August 30th, 2016 10:00

Hi Luca

As I stated before file upload is timing out. This can happen because of slow network speeds. While you plan to have Support Assist install locally in the branch office, you can explore using Dell Support Assist for Servers 1.3.

Thanks

Jayanth

5 Practitioner

• 

107 Posts

August 30th, 2016 03:00

Hello,

Which type of devices have been discovered through Supportassist ? If server, could you install DSET Report : www.dell.com/.../dell-system-e-support-tool

Please select : DSET for Windows and during installation please select option : Remote

Maybe root cause about this issue is related to DSET Tools is missing.

20 Posts

August 30th, 2016 04:00

Hi Luca,

This can happen when the credentials are incorrect or if the collections are taking longer time because of n/w delay. If the Branch servers are over a WAN link then such a configuration is officially not supported. Nevertheless please check the following

1. Ensure that all of your branch servers are given proper credentials. Open Support Assist -> Devices -> Select a device -> click on Edit Credentials. Also check if you have given default credentials Settings -> System logs. If you have provided default credentials for each deice type ensure that the credentials are correct for all the devices in the list.

Note: If you select overwrite option it will overwrite the credentials provided in the devices page.

2. Please attach the logs found in c:\program files (dell)\Dell\Dell Integrated Support\Logs

Note: After the credentials are configured, the devices are validated again, you can click back and forth between devices and cases tab or refresh the browser to see it reflect the new status. If the status says "Device Configured" with a green tick, this should confirm that device is validated and credentials are correct. If you try to run the collection now the collection should succeed. If it errors out after a while then it could be because of timeout or n/w delay

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Jayanth

3 Posts

August 30th, 2016 06:00

Hi Mika and Jayanth,

thanks for your replies.

Mika: I installed DSET on one server, but the result is the same. I'm talking about Dell PowerEdge servers.

Jayanth: thanks for letting me know that this configuration is officially not supported. I'm going to install SA on one branch server, and see if it then works.

I confirm credentials are correct, but anyway please find the logs below:

2016-08-30 00:00:02,251: T0xPHOMEScheduler_Worker-22 WebRequestInvoker ERROR Message=[Rest Response received for URI https:// :2607/api/ome.svc/Devices/TableInventory/4 is not a well formed xml]

2016-08-30 00:00:02,252: T0xPHOMEScheduler_Worker-22 CollectAssetInventoryJob ERROR Message=[Some error occured while getting inventory for 4 : Exception of type 'Dell.Services.PHome.Connectors.RestCustomExceptions.RestResponseNotWellFormedException' was thrown.. Continuing with next inventory]

2016-08-30 03:00:56,068: T0xPHOMEScheduler_Worker-11 FileUploaderUtil ERROR Message=[Configuration File upload failed with error code 25 due to: Server failure. Could be no route, proxy failure or an actual server error]

2016-08-30 12:18:52,905: T0xPHOMEScheduler_Worker-21 OMEQueryJob ERROR Message=[Nothing to send to server after filtering.]

2016-08-30 13:22:54,810: T0xSTP DSETDiagnosticThreadPool Thread #21 RunDiagnosticsJob ERROR Message=[Diagnostics failed during execution]

System.TimeoutException: Excecution timeout.  Process taking longer than 5400000

at Dell.Services.PHome.Jobs.JobBases.ProcessExceuctionJobBase.ExecuteCommand(String command, String arguments, String workingDir, Int32 timeout, String[] argsToInputStream)

at Dell.Services.PHome.Jobs.RunDiagnosticsJob.ExecuteDiagnostic(AssetOverview asset, DeviceCredentials deviceCredentials)

at Dell.Services.PHome.Jobs.RunDiagnosticsJob.QueuedExecution(Object state)

2016-08-30 13:22:54,983: T0xSTP DSETDiagnosticThreadPool Thread #21 RunDiagnosticsJob WARN  Message=[Failed to run diags for ]

Thank you,

Luca

20 Posts

September 6th, 2016 00:00

Hi Luca,

Did you get a chance to explore Support Assist for Servers 1.3 for managing branch servers? Let me know if you are having any issues.

Thanks

Jayanth

3 Posts

September 6th, 2016 01:00

Hi Jayanth,

I've installed SupportAssist for Servers 1.3 on one server per branch, managing all servers in that LAN. I'm not using it to manage servers intra-branch.

Bye,

Luca

20 Posts

September 6th, 2016 07:00

Hi Luca,

Perfect. Thank you!

Thanks

Jayanth

No Events found!