Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

March 11th, 2019 16:00

SA, Tune Performance stops at 90%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 running Windows 10. I've been very disappointed with the performance since I've had it. From new it often takes 30 seconds or more to open programmes such as Outlook or Word. I don't know if that's normal or indicative of a problem. Once programmes are open they seem to run OK. Anyway, I decided to run Tune Performance in Dell SupportAsisst. The info says it should take about 2 minutes, but every time I run it seems to stop at 90%. Yesterday I left it running for 24 hours and it still didn't get beyond 90%. All the other options in SupportAssist work fine. Any suggestions on why Tune Performance might not be working? And any suggestions on how why it might be taking so long for programmes to open? Thanks

March 27th, 2019 02:00

Hi. Same problem here with a DELL Inspiron 17 5000 Series. Tune performance doesn't go further 90% even though creating a 500KB + log file. Anyone has some suggestion on why this seems to froze and continue logging the same rows? Thanks

1 Message

April 8th, 2019 06:00

Same problem here. Worked on March 22. Does not work April 8.

1 Message

April 20th, 2019 06:00

I am also having the same problem. It worked once after I reinstalled Support Assist but I started doing the same thing over again.

• 

3.2K Posts

April 29th, 2019 04:00

Hi,

Please remove SupportAssist and install it again.

The following steps can be used to uninstall the older build and do a complete clean-up of files from your laptop. From Step 3 onwards, if the mentioned folders are not present in your system, they can be assumed as already cleaned up.

• From Add/Remove Programs, uninstall “Dell SupportAssist”
  • From Add/Remove Programs, uninstall “SupportAssistAgent”, if you have very old SupportAssist version.
  • Open a Windows Explorer and traverse to below directories and delete the folders completely manually if any leftover files are present.
    1. C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist
    2. C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent
    3. C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDataVault
    4. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent

Note: Ignore (x86) in above path, if your system is running a 32-bit OS.

• From Start-> Run type %ProgramData% which will open a window with multiple folders. This is usually a hidden folder.
    1. Select “SupportAssistBusinessClient” folder and delete it.
    2. Select “SupportAssistAgent” folder and delete it, if you have very old SupportAssist version.
    3. Select “PCDr” folder and delete it.
  • From Start-> Run type %appdata% which will open a window with multiple folders. This is also a hidden folder usually.
    1. Select “PCDr” folder and delete it.
  • From Services console, ensure following services are NOT present.
    1. Dell SupportAssist
    2. Dell SupportAssist Agent
    3. Dell Data Vault
    4. Dell Data Vault Wizard
  • From Registry, ensure following keys are NOT present.
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DELL\SupportAssistBusinessClient
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssist
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\SupportAssistAgent

Note:- Incase if your Laptop is running a 32-bit OS, ignore the “Wow6432Node” in the above path.

• Reboot your laptop once after clean up, before installing a new SupportAssist build.

regards Martin

7 Posts

May 7th, 2019 13:00

The steps above didn't help for me. Still stuck at 90% Optimizing. 

1 Message

May 10th, 2019 12:00

Yeah, I've had the same problem for past few months with Inspiron 27 7775

Support Assist Tune Performance stalls at 90%.  Still does this after update today...

2 Posts

June 20th, 2019 15:00

same stops at 72%

9.4K Posts

June 21st, 2019 04:00

Hi Bara9880,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that SupportAssist is not performing as expected.

Since you've tried all the steps above as suggested by @Dell-Martin S, some customers have reported succsess by using a 3rd party program uninstaller to remove all instances of SupportAssist running on your machine.  Customers have reported as many as 3 instances, so be sure you get them all.  After that, reboot your machine and install the latest version of SupportAssist.  

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Post back and let us know how that worked.  Thanks.

June 30th, 2019 14:00

I'm having the same problem and I just did the latest Windows update on June 28th. And now tune performance stops at 90% I ran it for 3 hours and decided to cancel out restarted the computer try it again same deal stops at 90%. Running version 3.2 2.1 9 of support assist I know for a fact it work before the Windows update and before the current supportassist update. But I can't tell you which ones **bleep** it up if it was the Windows update or the supportassist update. The Windows update I did was the feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 also did a Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1903

August 28th, 2019 16:00

Mine is doing the same thing on a Dell 3567 running support assist version 3.2.2.119 I can't believe this has not been remedied by now.

• 

25.1K Posts

August 29th, 2019 03:00

You’ve received a private message from Dell Community Forum

Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. I see you've opened a thread.
Unfortunately, it's beyond our business hours now. We’re available from Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST
In the meantime, you could private/direct message us the Service Tag, Express Service code, or Order number.
This will enable us to validate your system warranty and prioritize your case as soon as we’re available.

Refer the below link to find the Service Tag:

https://dell.to/2NDSfjD

August 31st, 2019 07:00

Just an update today a message popped up on my Dell laptop to run support assist...It also popped a message up asking me to pay for Dell support since my warrantee had run out. I thought that was a little strange....I closed it and support assist opened and said there were 2 driver updates when I ran it. The Bios and a realtech memory card reader driver update. I clicked to install, the Realtech driver installed but the bios failed. I tried it twice, the bios failed to install again. I then checked the version of support assist I was running and it has seemed to update!!!! it is now version 3.3.2.46 it was version 3.2.2.119 before. I also was alble to run a complete scan with support assist and it now did not stall at 90%.  Now if I could only get the bios to install thru support assist like it has in the past.

No Events found!