Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 16th, 2018 11:00

SA, only allows hardware scan to be ran

I installed support assist for drivers on this laptop. The support assist download successfully and works. Support assist does not however run anything but a basic hardware scan. This is very irritating. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing seems to help. Every other option is almost grayed out and will not allow me to start any other scans.  Here is a picture to show my Issue.

I am running windows ten 64bit on an Inspiron laptop. Also, all windows updates are up to date.

Update: Photo was deleted. Will post it later.

April 15th, 2019 05:00

Hello,

From one of the recent updates, It seems that you need to be logged in as a local user to run all of the support assist features. I'm not sure why they did this. I hope this helps.

1 Message

April 14th, 2019 18:00

I have the same problem XPS L502X. Installed latest version (After multiple issues with @#$%^ installer which can only be viewed from Task Manager) - All but Hardware Scan Items were disabled. Ok .. - I ran as administrator, All items except hardware scan still disabled. All I want is DVD Driver verification. Dell please fix or explain. You are going backwards.
No Events found!