Hi ! Im getting this error running the credentials step on the supportAssistant configuration wizard
2016-04-16 18:44:08,378: T0x46 WebRequestInvoker ERROR Message=[REST API https://Vcenter.oiss.org:2607/api/ome.svc/CurrentUser threw an exception The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.]
2016-04-16 18:44:08,379: T0x46 PhomePluginWCFService ERROR Message=[Error occured while client access UpdateSystemCredential. Error message is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. and details are: at Dell.Services.PHome.Connectors.OmeConnector.GetSystemCredentialUserType(String sysUserName, SecureString sysPassword)
at Dell.Services.Ph.Ome.PhomePluginWCFService.PhomePluginWCFService.UpdateSystemCredential(SystemCredential creds, Boolean triggerGetInventory) ]
already run a repair on OME and downloaded SupportAssist alone and reinstalled
any help would be very appreciated
Please see if the instructions stated below helps,
I would suggest to contact TechSupport so they can access your system for further troubleshooting and obtain the necessary logs and data as needed.
1. Log onto the management server(OME) with account that has local admin rights.
2. Add the service account to the OME security groups in Server Manager:
3. Open CMD prompt with elevated privileges
a. Right click on CMD prompt icon and click on “Run as administrator”
4. At the command prompt issue IISRESET command (Warning: this will restart all application
running in IIS on the system).
5. After IISRESET completes restarting the Internet services successfully, open OME using “Run as
different user” option:
a. Press and hold the Shift key and right click on the OME program’s shortcut on the
desktop and select “Run as different user” from the menu
b. Type in the user name and password of the service account
c. OME will now open under the context of the service account
6. Open a separate tab on the browser to validate the service account privileges have been
a. In the new tab, paste the following resource URI to access information about the
currently authenticated user (NOTE: substitute the HOST_ADDRESS with correct value):
b. The UserType in the response should state the value 1 as example below:
- <GetCurrentUserResult xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">
7. Close all open browser tabs/windows
8. Open Dell SupportAssist and Complete registration.
9. Configure System Credentials with service account and click Save Changes.
10. If changes are saved without error, conduct a Connectivity Test per SupportAssist User Guide
I followed the direction as stated. Everything comes back fine with no issues. But when I run the connectivity as the service account, I still see the same error. Though the email from the system states "This email confirms that your SupportAssist application is successfully communicating with Dell. "
Question why is trying SMTP under the FTP test?
I followed the procedure as you detailed but I got the same error, the account running the services (the services that starts with DSM_xxxx) was local system, so I create a new user account and assign the permissions but no luck.
Please attach the complete SupportAssist log file for further analysis. I will check with my team for any further suggestions
Can you please contact TechSupport so they can access your system for further troubleshooting and obtain the necessary logs and data as needed.
I would suggest you to contact TechSupport so they can access your system for further troubleshooting and obtain the necessary data as needed.