Highlighted
Dayhiker4k
1 Nickel

SupportAssist Not Working - Will Not Update - Tried Uninstalling & Reinstalling

Hello,

SupportAssist is Not Working. It will Not Update. I Tried Uninstalling it, then downloaded it again and tried to reinstall it,but now it will not even reinstall.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 7100 desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1703 with the newest updates.

Now that I think of it, SupportAssist has not worked since before the Version 1703 update, and maybe hasn't worked since the Anniversary Update.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

50 Replies

RE: SupportAssist Not Working - Will Not Update - Tried Uninstalling & Reinstalling

Hi Dayhiker-4k

Can you share the SupportAssist version along with SupportAssist driver detail screenshot , Operating system detail and System service tag.

Thanks

Dell_Nikhil k

0 Kudos
Dayhiker4k
1 Nickel

RE: SupportAssist Not Working - Will Not Update - Tried Uninstalling & Reinstalling

Hi Dell_Nikhil,

I did not write down the SupportAssist Version before I uninstalled it.  Windows 10 Home Version 1703 for x64-based Systems. Do you want the SupportAssist driver information? It's out of Warranty. The Service Tag is 7ZVLJM1.

0 Kudos
Dayhiker4k
1 Nickel

Hello again,

Is there anything I can still send to you, seeing how I uninstalled SupportAssist?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Dayhiker4k,

Driver information on SupportAssist UI screenshot is mandatory without that information we cannot do anything at our end.

In case you install SupoprtAssist and after that you are able to see driver which has issue share that screenshot with me.

Thanks

Dell_Nikhil k

0 Kudos
Jam1e_G
1 Nickel

Posted in wrong location - post deleted

0 Kudos

HI Jamie,

Could you please send me the logs. Please include the above comment in the email.

And this post is talking about SupportAssist for Pc's, its not related to Enterprise servers.

This is End-User forum.

Thanks

Kusuma.

0 Kudos

Dayhiker4k - if you are still having issues installing SupportAssist again please try the following

• From the Control Panel, uninstall Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssistAgent (if any).

• Remove the following directories by opening start menu and run %appdata%\

• Remove PCDr

• Run %programdata%\  and remove

o PCDr and/or PC-Doctor for Windows and/or PC-Doctor, Inc

• Run exe

o content.dellsupportcenter.com/.../aulauncher.exe

DELL-Joe B
Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell

MRvdB
1 Copper

I have the same problem since a few days, after starting up SupportAssist there is the screen "unable to start SupportAssist".

I tried your solution as you described above, but it is not solving the problem

Dayhiker4k
1 Nickel

Hello again,

I tried to download SupportAssist again, but I cannot download it. I keep getting the message that I do not have an Internet connection when I do. I went into Windows Firewall settings and Allowed the "aulauncher.exe" application, but still with the same results. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos