SupportAssist and DellSupportAssit not working

After last update for supportassist its still no working , please fix it 

25 Replies

Re: SupportAssist and DellSupportAssit not working

Hi @neilpatharis,

Exactly what does not work? Last update made lots of changes (many features are no longer available).

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Hello when I select the supportassist application, it opens ok but I can not do anything it loading infinite , I can only close application i tryed to instal again and not fixed i called support assist and the girls said me gonna be fix soon 

SupportDell.PNG

can you help me please

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi neilpatharis,

Thanks for your post.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here are some steps that need to be performed:

• Do a complete removal of support assist(all SA programs in change/uninstall programs need to be removed)
  • Use a 3rd party uninstaller tool to clean the system of SA
  • Install the latest version of SA from the Dell Support Site
  • If it fails, then please perform a PC refresh/reset, and or a full Operating System Re-Install

A new version of SupportAssist will be launched on June 4, 2018, if you can wait.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
puffinNF
Copper

I have the same problem on both my desktop and laptop computers.  I contacted Dell support and was given options to pay for technical assistance.  This was my reply:  

You're kidding?  Of course it's a software problem, it's your software that's not working on two different computers.  I suspect it is because of an update in Windows 10 that makes "your software" incompatible with my computers.  Isn't it up to Dell to offer a free update for its "SupportAssist" program that will function with the latest Windows 10 OS on a computer that was sold to me by DELL and originally included the diagnostic program to begin with?

To this they told me that since my computers were out of warranty they could do nothing for me.  What a scam,  Dell won't even support its own software that is installed on the computers they sell, it should have nothing to do with the warranty, it is a needed fix to a program they should be supporting as part of any Dell computer update.
ThomasAAT
Silver

SupportAssist stopped working on my Alienware 17 R3 after the latest update. I suspect it was caused by the SupportAssist Update Plugin. I uninstalled SupportAssist, then manually reinstalled using the SupportAssist Installer from the link below. It works fine now.

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/no/no/19/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/sof...

max2006
Copper

Make that THREE computers that Support Assist is not working on and I am using Win7 Home Premium!!! Since the new version, the "Dell" button on my keyboard, middle of three on the top right of my Inspiron N5110 no longer works and when I finally launch Support Assist it, no longer provides the functions I used to use to access e.g. "Analyse disk space".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Support Assist, but to no avail

Are we all wasting our time? Do you think Dell monitors these Community posts? I doubt it.

My computer is quite old and I will be replacing soon - but certainly NOT with another Dell computer!!!!!!!!!!!!

csveirs
Copper

Community Manager why should we do a reinstall after your up date to get supportAssist up and running again? in doing so we loose a lot of files at times. dell needs to fix this mess it created. we  start the app and it just keeps trying to load and if you touch it with the mouse it will say unresponsive.  TRY AND FIX IT!  Thank CSVeirs