DagFL
1 Nickel

SupportAssist won't update, won't assist, and won't uninstall

I have tried using SupportAssist for updating, but any dialog box that opens becomes inactive and won't close.

I have tried to uninstall SupportAssist, but the uninstall diaglog box shows uninstall process prorgesses to about 30% then stalls, and I am unable to close this non-functional diaglog box.

I tried  this update:  "The fix is in place. Please run support assist install from the link content.dellsupportcenter.com/.../aulauncher.exe".    This "fix" un-iinstallation progress box only progresses about 25%, then becomes idle.

How to fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: SupportAssist won't update, won't assist, and won't uninstall

Hi DaqFL

Can you share the screenshot for better clarification.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DagFL
1 Nickel

RE: SupportAssist won't update, won't assist, and won't uninstall

The solution was to do a Windows 10 RESET.  This solved many, many problems, including Dell Support Assist, computer speed, and elimination nearly daily Windows 10 Watchdog Violations. Solved.

majik1214
1 Copper

RE: SupportAssist won't update, won't assist, and won't unin

This solution worked for me as well however when attempting to run diagnostics on the support.dell.com website, after reinstalling the supportassist without issue, a popup came up when i ran diagnostics saying it was updating supportassist but then proceeded to cancel the update without explanation.

0 Kudos