Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2018 06:00

Uninstall SupportAssist - need to close these applications?

SupportAssist doesn't seem to be working correctly. Trying to update drivers, it sits sat loading for a long time. Decided to uninstall it. This is the message I'm getting when doing so. 

Capture.PNG

Notifications was on there too, then I read my notification and then retry the uninstall and it wasn't on the list anymore. Why do I need to close out of these in order to uninstall Dell Support Assist. Not exactly sure how to close out of Action Center, I don't have it up and I assume Windows has it running all the time. I end task on Cortana but I guess it just reopens itself and I had Task Manager up to try and find these applications to close out of. If I hit Ignore, this is the message I'm getting.

Capture1.PNG

Restarted my machine and tried again, still no luck. 

September 27th, 2018 09:00

Resolved my issue by looking around a bit more. I'll post what I did for others in the future who run into this issue.

I ended up on a Microsoft page where I downloaded a small program (217kb) of theirs that forced the uninstall. Here's the link to the page.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Just ran it, then chose Dell Support Assist and it did the rest of the work.

No Events found!