Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2017 12:00

What ports need to be open on iDRACs.

I have read the documentation and that says that the iDRAC ports 161/udp and 443/tcp need to be opened in order for SupportAssist to monitor these devices. These ports are open, but when I try to add an iDRAC to the console it fails saying that portscanfailed: reason The required ports are not open. What ports need to be opened for successful communication between the SupportASsist server and the iDRACs.

This is SupportAssist enterprise v1.0.

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

June 5th, 2017 15:00

Are you experiencing the issue with only one of the managed nodes or all of them?

If it is just one of the nodes, it might be worth check what the configuration on the iDRAC looks like for SNMP trap forwarding.  In certain unique scenarios where the trap forwarding configuration table is full we are unable to configure it and might see an error similar to the one you are describing.

If the issue is only a single discovered node, you can also try to configure the alert destination of a server manually.  This is explained under “Manually configuring SNMP settings” in the User’s guide.

However, if the issue is across all nodes, it looks more like a general firewall/proxy issue and should be addressed with your IT networking team.  The SupportAssist user guide describes all the ports required and there are no other ports required other than what is described in the User’s guide.

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

June 5th, 2017 14:00

Port 162 Out should also be open on the management server where SupportAssist is installed.  This is to check/configure the idrac SNMP alert forwarding.

7 Posts

June 5th, 2017 15:00

I should have mentioned that port is open as well.

7 Posts

June 6th, 2017 07:00

Thank you.

9 Posts

July 6th, 2017 07:00

Hi can you help.

We have Open Manage Essentials 2.3 and the new Support Assist setup.

1. Our Windows Servers are collected using SNMP all ok however - some indicate OMSA out of date so try upgrade through Support Assist and upgrading message appears but then reverts back to update required - credentials used are local admins on the devices so can't be that.  Can update manually so not a real issue but be nice to know why it not update.

2. Secondly we have ESXi hosts and a CentOS host - they are all collected in OM using the iDRAC and the OM VIB which was installed so all ok.  But Support Assist indicates could not add device - the R730's state:

SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to add the device xxx because a connection to the device was unsuccessful.

some of the R720's state the same, others say:

SupportAssist Enterprise is unable to add the device xxx because the device is not supported.

I tried the troubleshooting tool and connection to wsman all ok

credentials for the devices iDRAC are correct and have been tested.

what else can i try?

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

July 6th, 2017 17:00

Hello Pavlos34,

Thank you for raising the questions and in order to better assist you can you please provide some additional information around the respective questions:

1. Can you please let us know which models are indicating that OMSA upgrade is needed and what is the current version of OMSA running on these systems?

2. Are all the devices that are throwing connection error iDRAC devices?  If so, have you tried to add the IP range for these devices to the proxy exclude list?

Thank You.

9 Posts

July 18th, 2017 03:00

Hello,

I have updated the OMSA manually on the Windows devices all ok. However I understand others experience same issue when attempting to update OMSA on connected devices using SA. The suggestion is to update manually which we have now done - still like to know what was required to carry out the auto update.

My second point is the alerts we receive from Support Assist give the device IP address and Service Tag as details rather than the host name - which is correctly registered in Essentials and SA - prior to upgrading to 2.3, any alerts were sent as the hostname, nothing else has changed on our domain or the Server, just an upgrade,

Yes the connection errors are iDRAC devices (ESXi hosts) - can you explain what you mean as regards adding to proxy exclude list.  Does SSH need enabled on the ESXi hosts for SA to monitor?

We need to know how to test Support Assist and troubleshoot to these devices.

4 Operator

• 

39 Posts

July 26th, 2017 13:00

Pavlos34,

The OMSA automated upgrade failure would require for us to look into the management system and nodes in further details before we can determine the root cause of failure.  Best approach would be to engage Dell Technical Support and raise a case so they can collect the necessary system details/application logs/firmware versions/etc…

WRT to alerts received are displaying the IP vs host name needs to be looked into further as well.  Are the details you are referring to displayed in email, SA UI, or elsewhere?

WRT iDRAC devices and proxy exclusion list, that is best described in the  SupportAssist 1.1 User’s Guide .

Thank You.

No Events found!