Highlighted
Nollaig1
3 Argentium

Re: AIX lun reference

Jump to solution

Hello,

The inq.sol64 -no_dots -btl  command will give you, Device, Vendor, Serial number, Cap (KB) and Bus:TID: Lun info.

Not quite what you are looking for, but just in case it helps.

Regards,

Nollaig

SKT2
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

This is really helpful Dynamox, you are right with the tid  , Lun matching on hp-ux. May be i did not understand what you tried to say from the symdev o/p /dev/rdsk/c58t0d7  :EMC    :SYMMETRIX      :5874  :68016af008 :    8838720:  3a:  0:  7 /dev/rdsk/c60t0d0  :EMC    :SYMMETRIX      :5874  :68000a0000 :        2880:  3c:  0:  0

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi dynamox,

I am going through the Article which looks good for the AIX host running Powerpath where I can look for the symdevice details agaianst lspv output.

I have AIX running and having Sym vmax Devices assigned but do not have Powerpath but have MPIO running on it. could you please help me how to

a) Identify the Sym Devices

b) how can map output from the MPIO command to the Sym Devices

c) How I can see from which Frame the devices are coming from.

Thanks

govind

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

did you try the inq utility ?

inq.aix64_51 -showvol -nodots
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi dynamox,

Thanks for your rely.  Unfortunately we dont have inq utility loaded on the hosts connected to the Storage.

thanks

govind

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

i looked at native AIX and MPIO (lspath) commands and could not easily find anything that would give symmetrix device id or wwn.  Inq utility runs stand alone, it does not need to be installed or anything like that ..simply copy it to the host and run it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have heard and read that inq utility causes some issues like reservation on devices. There are also some primus articles which has details of the reported error.

Is it true. Could you confirm the issues still exists with inq utility.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

i've never had issue with inq on any platforms including AIX

0 Kudos
SKT2
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

which primus? I have not seen any issue either with inq

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ID:emc260240

this is one of the article with the older version . May I am reading older article but just wanted to check with the team that there are no issues in running the inq on the Servers.

I hope the EMCgrab should be using this utility as part of log collection process.

0 Kudos