Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2012 12:00

Can partners become EMC SPEED qualified?

Hi,

I would be very much interested in persuing EMC SPEED certification. Is this possible for non-emc employees?

Thanks in Advance,

Victor

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2012 14:00

It is possible, please contact Cindy O2L

67 Posts

August 5th, 2012 00:00

Thanks very much for the response and very glad to hear :-)

5.7K Posts

August 22nd, 2012 02:00

I emailed Cindy, but I haven't heard from her yet. Do you know if she's in the office / on vacation / replaced ?

433 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 03:00

She is very much present in EMC . Will talk to her and update in somtime.

67 Posts

Hi,

I have done the same with no response (twice, once each for week).  I haven't sent anymore in case Cindy is no longer dealing with the SPEED teams.

Thanks,

Victor

67 Posts

Thanks for following this up Rupal.You update wasn't there when I replied :-)

5.7K Posts

Thank you. I'll be monitoring this discussion anyway

5.7K Posts

Thanks, I’d very much like to know what the requirements are to become and stay certified.

433 Posts

Hi Victor,

I have taken this up a month back and Cindy was the one co-ordinated it all the way. Let her come online in sometime and will discuss the same with her and if she is not the one taking care anymore i will get the right contact detials here.

Thanks

433 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 05:00

Cindy would be replying to emails soon. Kristen Frend (kristen.frend@emc.com) could also be emialed to fasten up the process.

Thanks

433 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 05:00

For Speed the following is required

• Symmetrix IE or TA Certification is required
  • NDA must be in place
  • Individuals must agree to “The Covenant” – Information obtained is EMC Confidential and subject to NDA and should not be share with anyone who is not SPEED qualified.
  • The partner must have an EMC SPEED Guru TC to support them that is SPEED Qualified – A SPEED Guru is the escalation path into corporate.  Is there a SPEED Guru that you work with today?
  • The Symmetrix SPEED Guru Performance Qualification Documentation must be read – This is located in the Symmetrix Performance Materials Access Program folder in the EMC - Partner Champion Program eRoom.
  • They must pass the Symmetrix SPEED Guru Qualification Exam with 95% – Please Email Partner SPEED Exams and we will send you the link to the exam.
  • Simultaneously, a Software License Agreement for the use of SymmMerge must be executed by a VP at the partner company and a VP at EMC – Please send me the work addresses and I will complete the form for execution.

5.7K Posts

August 22nd, 2012 06:00

Thank you

And what is CSPEED? Are there any other SPEED certifications?

I read in the above that you'd need a Symmetrix IE or TA cert (which I am both), but what about Clariion / VNX?

859 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 07:00

All points are okay but i dont like this particular bullet

Simultaneously, a Software License Agreement for the use of SymmMerge must be executed by a VP at the partner company and a VP at EMC – Please send me the work addresses and I will complete the form for execution.

Can this be relaxed?

regards,

Saurabh

433 Posts

Yes, there is Cspeed : Clariion.. Uspeed: Unified speed (for VNX)..and Speed is for symm.

Thanks

859 Posts

I know Cindy, I will speak to her. thanks

regards,

Saurabh

No Events found!