Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2010 07:00

How do I find the versions of EMC software installed on the Symm?

I need to know the software versions installed on the DMX.  "symcfg -sid 83 list" lists the Enginuity microcode version, but does the other software on the Symm have "versions"; i.e. - SRDF, TimeFinder, etc?

119 Posts

November 10th, 2010 08:00

Hello,

SRDF and TimeFinder do not have their own versions.  They are incorporated within Enginuity and not installed separately.

You can check the version of Optimizer with:  symoptmz -sid xx query -v

Although Optimizer is most commonly installed / upgraded as part of the microcode package.  Not sure if it is ever installed / upgraded on it's own, and there may be recommendations against doing so because the functionality is largely dependent on the microcode version.

Mike

45 Posts

November 10th, 2010 20:00

Try with the folowing command:

symcfg list -applications

You wil get version along with the other details as follows ::

Symmetrix ID     : XXXXXXXXXXXX

Host                               Application

----------------------------  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Node Name    IP Address       ID               Vendor ID        Version   Attr

------------ ---------------  ---------------- ---------------- ----------------------------------------

Thank you

2.8K Posts

November 11th, 2010 01:00

The "symcfg list -application" command returns a list of hosts and corresponding versions of Solution Enabler running on them. The list is populated only if the hosts issued sym* commands against the specific storage you are querying. Usually this isn't a good source of informations (just think to a cluster: you'll see only the "active" node in the list, completly missing the standby node that isn't issuing commands against the storage).

45 Posts

November 11th, 2010 02:00

Yeah..you are true Stefano.

I have just tested it, output is partial only.

2.8K Posts

November 11th, 2010 02:00

It depends on the environment. I've worked at a customer place where all the sym* commands were issued by a single host. In this specific environment the symcfg list -application command is useless. Elsewhere I've been able to find all the hosts since all of them were issuing commands (a plain and simple syminq is enough AFAIK) on a regular basis. The most important thing is to understand how it works. If you know how it works (how the list gets populated) you can easily guess if the output is useful or useless ;-)

November 12th, 2010 08:00

It's great to see you back on the forums Stefano!

2.8K Posts

November 15th, 2010 06:00

I was simply away... Now I'm back... At least I'm here, even if at a reduced speed (due to lack of Primus) ;-)

No Events found!